Recent content by BIGBREW

1. BIGBREW

Grand Aire Code

Getting three fast and four slow on Grand Aire Furnace. Just pulled the motor and made sure the radiator was clean.
  2. BIGBREW

Help with Katalox light and sulfur

I have peroxide and an AIO unit. Did he give you the test results? I know there is a Blake Equipment in Oneonta that sells water treatment equipment.
  3. BIGBREW

Help with Katalox light and sulfur

Where are you located? This NY sulfur is a PITA. I have bad sulfur, I am in the Fonda area. I was using an AIO for my sulfur problem but the AIO was only tanking care of 80-90% of the issue. I put 7% peroxide in front of my AIO and that was a big help.
  4. BIGBREW

Water Retention Tank

I was using an AIO that was handling about 90% of my sulfur smell. I added a small shot of peroxide before the air injection to clean up the other 10%. I wonder if my water has changed, really dry summer but I had to turn my peroxide pump up from 3.5 to 5.5. Then run between the mixer and AIO...
  5. BIGBREW

Water Retention Tank

Looking for a 40-60 gallon water retention tank to put in after my peroxide injection and before my air injection to increase contact time. What are you using? Local place wants $400 for a 40 gallon tank.
  6. BIGBREW

Stumped on Fleck 2510 AIO

I don't have a pressure gauge. Yep same settings. Piston in the AIO? I don't know, haven't pulled it apart. Going to call Pentair today. Still getting air in my water lines, I never used to get that. I know it's unlikely but could the riser tube be bad? I have a spare!!
  7. BIGBREW

I was not sure if the bed lifted when it back washed but it looks like it does. The line that comes into my house is 1" but restricts down to 3/4 to the AIO. The drain line is 1/2"x25' I could always run 1" to the AIO that's not a big deal to do. The drain out of the AIO is only 1/2" so I...
  8. BIGBREW

Hmm. That's the only step I haven't taken. I have all the stuff in the basement. Might as well re bed the tank and see. Actually, I have a carbon/katalox light mix in the basement. Maybe I should not do that again. Just use the Katalox. Jesus that stuff is expensive. I miss my city water...
  9. BIGBREW

Reach Once again, you are on it. I appreciate your help as always. Here is a picture of my system. Water inlet to pressure tank, peroxide mixer, is on the right of the green tank on the vertical pex line, sediment filter. The stenner pump works off the switch for the well pump. Air injection...
  10. BIGBREW

Do I need a booster pump

Oops, I was on the wrong thread. My apologies.
  11. BIGBREW

Weird. I never had air in my lines when the tank was first installed.
  12. BIGBREW

Do I need a booster pump

Not following you. It happens at ll the faucets.
  13. BIGBREW

My dilemma continues. Back story. I have peroxide and air injection to combat sulfur. Air injection was taking care of about 90% of it so I added the peroxide and it worked great. Seal blew, rebuilt the head but it was not back to when it was good. The piston then broke so I rebuilt it again...
  14. BIGBREW

Media removal

How do you remove your media without flipping the tank over and dumping it out. That would be my usual attack plan but right now I only have one strong hand. There a secret to being able to hold a drink in the bad hand while I do this?
  15. BIGBREW

Pick Your Brains For Some Air Circulation

I work in a Government office building and my office gets pretty warm from time to time. The temperature outside my office is cooler and there is no airflow....at all. I used to use a little fan to circulate air around my house when I used to have a wood burning stove in my house. I can mount...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks