Recent content by bigboxer

1. bigboxer

Bathtub vent before or after p-trap

I am putting in a new bathtub, the old install had no vent. I am 75" from main 4" stack. Can I use a wye to tie in the new vent to drain line? If so where does it go before or after the p-trap..? Nothing else is on this drain line just the tub.
  2. bigboxer

1/2" copper supply feeding house

I am replacing poly hot and cold pipe in my small bungalow, the feed is 1/2" copper through meter increasing to a 3/4" run (35' maybe) of poly with 1/2" feeders. If I was to replace the poly with copper would it really be of any benefit to stick with 3/4" from the meter and tee off to 1/2"...
  3. bigboxer

New toilet install..

Vent is too the left.... Larger pic, vent to left 3" running to roof of bungalow.. Upstairs toilet waste to main vent stack Previous mess that I fixed with new ABS stack.. Should be a shielded coupling here on the stack.
  4. bigboxer

New toilet install..

I am installing a new toilet in upper bath, replaced cast iron stack with ABS and was wondering.. If you look at my attached pic... will this work? Initial slope will be 1/4" per ft. than a 45% drop to stack, total about 5ft from stack... DO you see any problems with this??
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks