Recent content by Bigal41

1. Bigal41

I have AN OLDER SLANT FIN FURNACE THAT EMIMTS A HIGH PITCHED SOUND

As stated I have an older slant fin ( about 10 yrs old ) that when it calls for heat it produces a high pitch sound. I need to call in my furnace guy BUT I would like to know ahead of time what could be causing this .... any ideas? Thanks.
  2. Bigal41

Is there a way to install a 3 wire thermostat on a 2 wire system ??

I was given a gift this Christmas of two programmable thermostats ... problem is this is an older home and there is only two wires behind the the old stats. I do not have A/C just heat. I hope there is a simple (LOL ) solution Thank You
  3. Bigal41

Front lawn well ... can I fertilize my lawn

I have a well on my front lawn ... but the grass could def use a shot of fertilizer ... should I worry about that leaching into my water supply? Is there a fertilizer that I can use ?
  4. Bigal41

What is a Cold Start system ???

Thank You
  5. Bigal41

Dana , thank you for that reply .. I gather that I will do no harm come winter heating season here in NE when I go and throw the switch. As to the boiler, I called slant fin and they told me that there aren't really any seals in the unit just metal pipe nipples. My concern was will the seals...
  6. Bigal41

I recently had a stand alone electric hybrid water heater installed and have turned off my oil burner to save on fuel. The burner is a slantfin M/N L-30PT it will be turned on in the winter to heat hot water for my baseboards ( it had a small internal coil for my domestic water ) . In doing some...
  7. Bigal41

What temp should I set re summer Vs Winter

H/W hybrid is being added to my oil boiler furnace, a Slantfin model L-30PT. My question is regarding the high low temp setting and what should they be set at. Note I have baseboard hot water heat for the house .....the Hybrid will take care of my domestic supply side. I was just told by a...
  8. Bigal41

Adding a Hybrid W/H to my oil fired furnance question

Here's the deal... my son recently switched from elec to gas on his W/H. he had just purchased a GE Hybrid W/H (elec) last year ..it's a GE Geospring 50 gal I think it is red on the outside . I currently have a 10 yr old Slant fin boiler Liberty model L-30PT, oil fired with coil insert to heat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks