Recent content by bhlyw

1. B

?chlorine tablet feeder for well system with high Fe and low pH?

Yes, we do know the peri-pump is not working correctly...! We don't like chlorine at all but for organic Fe that's about all you can do to remove it. You can't filter it out if its in still in solution - you've got to oxidize it first. With the tablets we have a bit better selection on-line for...
  2. B

?chlorine tablet feeder for well system with high Fe and low pH?

Hi, we have ~0.5ppm organic iron and <4 hardness in our well in northeastern Ohio. Its a low-flow well that produces <10 gallons per hour. There are only 2 of us and we are pretty frugal with water so the volume of water is acceptable but the liquid chlorinator we have is giving us fits. We're...
  3. B

Carrier humidifier uses too much water

Thanx! So, we do have a weather station and the humidity is between 35 and 40% typically. The humidity level in the house seems fine. I'm pretty sure the water only runs when the furnace is on but I'll check more closely. I've read that some humidifers pulse the water flow so less is used...
  4. B

Carrier humidifier uses too much water

We have a Carrier furnace (installed in ~2000) with a built-in humidifier. Recently, I re-plumbed the water line to run off our RO instead of the regular water line because the "filter" was getting clogged 2 to 3 times per winter. The repair guy said it was because we have terrible well water -...
  5. B

Water storage system for low yield well - help!

Excellent, that's the best news so far through this whole fiasco! When we do drill it will be more shallow - more in line with neighbors who are at ~100' and getting between 8 and 20 GPM. But this set-up will stay intact for yard and horses. We're not ready to do the storage system...
  6. B

Guys, guys, guys! I appreciate your concern but if you'd please read the beginning of this you will find that there are only two of us and we don't run out of water unless we flush and shower normally AND do 4 loads of laundry. We DO plan on adding an additional well but we can't quite...
  7. B

You're stating the obvious... To this post and to the "To shock or not to shock" post. That's why I'm asking all these questions about storage systems.
  8. B

Hi Bob, Thanx for your insight. Hum, if we pump into a non-pressurized tank that changes the head ranges significantly. From 400'/200' to 250'/115' and the 115' looks like it would be problematic for either pump. Is there a calculation for back pressure from an inline filter that needs to...
  9. B

To shock or not to shock?

Sorry! We're in Boston Township, in the northern portion of Summit County, Ohio. We are planning to add a storage system but haven't quite gotten it figured out yet. Thanx for your help and comments!
  10. B

Thanx Bob! We do have a PumpTec - I neglected to mention that. Interesting thoughts about increasing production. Until recently we've just used water normally and only had issues when we did lots of laundry in the same day so your comments make sense - the more we use the more the well...
  11. B

I've been trying to find someone who will do that or something similar and can't find anyone local who will even discuss it - hence my questions to the forum!
  12. B

We bought the house last November and were aware that the well is low yield. The house sat vacant for about 2 years before we bought it. We've had the well "cleaned out" by a local "professional" but that hasn't helped the well production. The well is 260' deep. The well log shows clay to...
  13. B

Hi, we're new to your forum and would like help designing a water storage4system for our home. We have a 260' 5" well into shale that yields about 5 gal per hour. The pump is a 3/4 HP, 7gpm Goulds sitting at 235'. The depth to water at best is ~95' giving us storage in the well of 140...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks