Recent content by Bhavdeep

1. Bhavdeep

Pump runs continously but doesn't build enough pressure to reach cut-off

All good now. I was able to buy the male end of the Pitless adapter by calling Campbell directly and they shipped one through their local distributor. The one with the JB Weld has held fine so no reason to change it yet but I do have the new one ready to be out in if the repaired one starts...
  2. Bhavdeep

I was able to just wiggle it and push it down a bit and it seated. I had put some JB Waterweld to seal the hole and let it sit for about 36 hours - it still is leaking a little bit from the top but not as much as it was before and the pump is now building up to 60 psi and cutting off with the...
  3. Bhavdeep

The hole goes through to the inside and was the source of the water spinning out of it at high pressure at the pitless adapter location as shown in the earlier video I attached. The writing on it is Martinson M-B10 which I believe is the one now sold by Campbell as pointed out by Bannerman and...
  4. Bhavdeep

Ok - so I bought a couple of O Rings - got some help to pull the pitless adapter and the pump out and found where it was leaking from - not from the O ring but from a hole in the Pitless Adapter itself...I've attached some pictures - I have no idea who makes this and where I can get this from -...
  5. Bhavdeep

It's a 1" pitless adapter - looks like any standard pitless adapter - I assume that it would have a standard OD O-ring maybe about 1.5" or 2" OD for the O-ring?
  6. Bhavdeep

Thank you I will look into the Cycle stop valve...meanwhile, i have had my lawn sprinkler system switched off since early Sep (it gets pretty cold , wet and snowy here in the mid-atlantic) so it's not contributing to the pump issue I am having at this time. Today I took off the well cap to look...
  7. Bhavdeep

Thank you for the explanation on the pump current draw. Since I am going to pull the pump to find the leak, I am strongly considering replacing the pump. It's about 9 years old and since then I have put in a water neutralizer, water softener, a 75GPD RO system and my outdoor lawn irrigation...
  8. Bhavdeep

this reference also has it listed between 6-8 amps... https://www.lockewell.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=200
  9. Bhavdeep

I checked online and it said between 7-8 amps for a 3/4 HP pump (230V, 2 wire single phase) - if you think it's too much current what should the amp range be?
  10. Bhavdeep

1. I am planning to pull the pump myself with some help .. 2. I assume I do have a pitless adapter - have not actually opened the well cap to look down 3. about 6" diameter casing
  11. Bhavdeep

check the amp draw on 1 leg of the 230V 2 wire feed to the pump. it's drawing 7.9Amps which seems to be on spec for a 3/4 HP motor. Now i'm thinking i have to pull the pump to find the leak and hope it's in the check valve , nipple, pitless adapter or drop pipe and not in the underground piping...
  12. Bhavdeep

Thanks for the quick responses. I'll do the amp test and post back. I am still curious that if the check valve (the one in the picture just before the T) works the water should not have flowed back even if the pump is on and the tank pressure should not have dropped - how would a hole in the...
  13. Bhavdeep

Hi I have a well system. Well pump is a submersible 4" 7GPM 3/4HP pump installed about 150-160 ft deep in a 200 foot deep well. The pump was replaced in 2012/2013 timeframe. The well is about 100 feet away from the pressure tank in the basement and is connected via a 1.5" pvc pipe buried...
  14. Bhavdeep

Double sink backing up after replacing garbage disposal

Yup - over a finished basement.... but the problem is solved thanks to Terry. I rented a 50 foot powered snake from Home Depot and snaked out the drain line from the disposer trap backwards, then ran a garden hose for 20 minutes and it flowed well after the snaking. Before the snaking it would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks