Recent content by BGSchatz

1. BGSchatz

Adapting existing tub for elderly

Don't have an answer for you, but will be watching. My mother is 83 and we're getting her out of a skilled nursing facility on Tuesday, which is her birthday. We purchased a swivel shower seat for her, but she will still need to get her legs over, luckily with assistance. The walk thru...
  2. BGSchatz

Leaky Hot Water Heater

Thanks Deb, I've noticed that over the years quality has gone down with the price at the DIY stores. As to Sears, someone on another forum bought his there and it didn't sound bad. It actually had two anodes and a curved dip tube to swirl the water coming in. Any ideas about size of an...
  3. BGSchatz

Leaky Hot Water Heater

I appreciate the two answers. As I stated I want to do the best I can with this so still have more questions. 1. I've monitored my system water pressure for about two days now and it has max'ed out at 92 pounds. I've heard you don't want it over 80, but this is fairly close. Do I want to...
  4. BGSchatz

what to use for bad seal surface for ballcock in tank?

Where we used to live, I repaired the toilet once with a kit. One of the things in the kit was a metal ring and expoxy putty to stick it onto the ceramic hole. That gave me a nice seal and filled in any imperfections in the ceramic. It then had the rubber stopper attached to it with a hinge...
  5. BGSchatz

Toilet, shower overflow

I'm not a plumber, but I'm confused. If one bathroom works fine, then I wouldn't think the main line could be a problem. What happens in the bad bathroom when you flush the toilet or drain the shower? Do all three of these come together, then continue on to join the good bathroom and go out...
  6. BGSchatz

Leaky Hot Water Heater

A few days ago I noticed our 40 gas hot water heater was leaking at the bottom seam (bottom of the white side). It had a number of strikes against it. About 9 to 10 years old, had been a propane heater, but later converted by a gas company contractor to natural gas (drilled jets), first seven...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks