Recent content by bewing

1. bewing

Hot Water smells

Hello, I recently started having a smell occur anytime running the hot water. I understand that this could be due to the anode in the hot water heater causeing a reaction with SRB's in the water. However my question is about how the bacteria could be in the water? The well is a fairly new well...
  2. bewing

Hot Water Smells

Hello, I recently started having a smell occur anytime running the hot water. I understand that this could be due to the anode in the hot water heater causeing a reaction with SRB's in the water. However my question is about how the bacteria could be in the water? The well is a fairly new...
  3. bewing

Coliform, Iron Treatement?

Thanks for the advice. I plan on shocking the well again and re-testing. If that doesn't work guess I will be going with a chlorine injection system. Thanks Barret
  4. bewing

The well is a new well never had any system on it. Right now I just have a pump, pipe to the surface and then a hose bib right on top of the output. I can turn the well on and off with a switch. Thanks again for the suggestions.
  5. bewing

The second sample was taken 2 weeks after shocking the well with bleach.
  6. bewing

I was also skeptical of the results after I realized that they had let the sample set over the weekend, but that was on the first sample, I did have them run another sample and made sure that they tested it upon my arrival the second time, and it still came back with a positve coliform count of...
  7. bewing

Thanks for the info and reply, the well is a drilled rock bore well. It is cased down about 20 ft and cemented in, with a concrete slab and well house on top. The total depth is 165 ft. with a static level at 80 ft deep. I am not sure where the diffence came from other than I didn't have a...
  8. bewing

Hello, I am back with more info and a few questions. I had posted my intial results from a newly drilled well about a month ago. And I am still in the process of trying to figure out what is best for my situation. Inital Results: Iron 1 ppm, Ph 6.8, Total Coliform 6 Colonies...
  9. bewing

Water Results, Filter Recommendations?

It was measured through 1.25" ID, with no back pressure basically except through one 90 degree elbow. I don't have any equipment hooked up yet still trying to figure out the filter stuff before hooking pressure tank up.
  10. bewing

Thanks for the help. Is there anyway I could run a pyrolox or filox filter with my flow rates? And is there any advantage to those over greensand?
  11. bewing

The pump is a 12 gpm, but only when the static water level is very high. At my static water level the pump produces just under 10gpm. Are there any recommendations for an iron filter that I have enough gpm to back flush? Since the water is not hard I'd like to not use a softener if possible.
  12. bewing

Hello, I had a well drilled back in November, and finally have gotten to the point of getting a pump set and sent off for a water test. The water test is back and I need some help understanding some of the numbers and getting some help with what type of filtration I need. Here is some of the...
  13. bewing

New Well, water test result in, need filtration recommendations

Hello, I had a well drilled back in November, and finally have gotten to the point of getting a pump set and sent off for a water test. The water test is back and I need some help understanding some of the numbers and getting some help with what type of filtration I need. Here is some of...
  14. bewing

New well, System Design Help?

Thanks for the advice. I am going to call and talk to the guys at CycleStopValves and see if the pside-kick is the right choice for me. Thanks Barret
  15. bewing

New well, System Design Help?

I recently had a well drilled and am in need of some advice and recommendations. The well was drilled by a local driller, that is about the only one around here that is drilling. He just drills, dosen't set pumps or do any plumbing. So my dilemma is do I do it myself or hire it done. My...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks