Recent content by bet3z

1. bet3z

Cramming Garbage Disposal, Dishwasher AND Water Filter Under Sink

The last Sears in my state is down the street from me, and the store closing sale is going on now. I guess there are still some other locations, and of course the website. Makes me sad, really. Pretty much every tool, appliance, or electronic device we had when I was growing up came from there...
  2. bet3z

Turns out Sears still sells this filter system on their website. The tank is about 11 inches in diameter. Holds 4 gallons, so probably 40 lbs for the water and tank together. The shelf I put up should hold it, but I think I will beef up the brackets so we can stash some detergent up there, too.
  3. bet3z

Thanks, all. It looks like I should be able to get a line into the utility room in the basement. I've built a shelf down there, but I think I'll work on reinforcing it, because the tank is huge, and will probably weigh a ton when full.
  4. bet3z

I will have a look under. If I can't do it, would there be a preferable way to reroute the drain?
  5. bet3z

There's Lazy susan on one side (and then the stove), and a bank of drawers (and then the dishwasher) on the other. I might be able to go into the basement. It's mostly finished, but I can see if I can fish a line into the utility space.
  6. bet3z

I've got a lot packed in under my kitchen sink, and I need to cram in a reverse osmosis filter. The painful part appears to be fitting the tank. The drain tailpiece from the left hand sink bowl comes down to an elbow that goes over to the tee shown in the attached image. The tank is huge, and...
  7. bet3z

Tub Spout Height

Thanks everyone. I think they may have specified that height because of the wall surround assembly process (i.e., the way you pivot the walls into place). I've got a door frame in the way, so I can't assemble it the way they the instructions say anyhow, so I went with 6" above the tub rim, and...
  8. bet3z

Tub Spout Height

I am installing a Sterling/Kohler tub with integral tub surround similar to this one: you may want to link to the Sterling web site. For some reason, the instructions call for the tub spout elbow to be 25" off the floor minimum. Since the tub is 15" high, this puts the spout at 10" over...
  9. bet3z

Tub Drain Layout Opinions

Oh I see. Turn the tee to meet the 45. Got it. Thanks.
  10. bet3z

I have some 45s, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
  11. bet3z

I'm hooking up my tub drain and I'd like some opinions on my proposed layout. The original trap was very long; it almost looked like a "W" with an integral cleanout on the middle "point" of the W. I couldn't find anything similar, and the new trap's too short to reach the drain pipe on its...
  12. bet3z

Replacing a Lead Closet Bend

Based on his reaction when I asked for the donut, I wonder what sort of look the guy at the plumbing supply place I found would give me if I asked for oakum! :) I actually probably would have done it if the store had been open today. Anyway, here's what I did: I got a 4x3 donut that's a bit...
  13. bet3z

OK. All the technical drawings I can find show that these donuts will not fill the entire 3-inch-long hub. Am I worried about nothing?
  14. bet3z

I got the donut and bushing in, but it seems a bit problematic. The goofy donut I got doesn't fill the entire depth of the hub; there's an inch gap between where the donut ends and where the hub ends. It seems like water would pool in this gap, which would eventually cause a leak. The donut...
  15. bet3z

Well, my visit to the plumbing supply store was a bit disappointing. The guy at the parts counter looked at me like I was crazy. He rummaged through some parts and came up with this: He admitted that he did not know if it was the right part. It says "SERCO 4" SERVICE MULTI TITE". What...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks