Recent content by Berry

1. Berry

Best Rimless Flushing Technology

Having had a Toto Drake II CST454 series installed a couple months ago, I can tell you I have had no issues whatsoever with it. No splashing No skidmarks / residue Powerful flush that cleans the bowl every time For a 1 GPF toilet, I am quite amazed at its performance. We have not had to clean...
  2. Berry

Enough clearance for a Drake II

Yes, if you mean 7 to 8" to the left of the middle, mine had less clearance than that and it worked Here is a before pic with the old toilet And an after pic with the Drake II installed
  3. Berry

TOTO Vespin II tank options 1G vs. 1.28g

I know it is not the same unit but I recently had a Toto Drake II 1gpf installed which uses the same flushing technology - no issues at all with the 1 gallon flush. It is quite powerful and cleans the bowl well. And I like the sleeker look
  4. Berry

Toto Drake II 1 gpf and Toto Entrada review

And this was the old black toilet showing the supply line and the old escutcheon that was removed. You can see the base of the Drake II sits back very close to the wall compared to this old Kohler PS - ignore the white spots - we were cleaning the grout lines with oxi-clean which does a really...
  5. Berry

And here is the old Rose Colored Tub & Toilet
  6. Berry

Since I learned a lot reading this forum and asked some questions on a potential issue, I thought I would come back and post this review now that everything is installed. The background - we were looking to replace two toilets. These were 3.5 gpf Kohlers installed 29 years ago when we built...
  7. Berry

TOTO Entrada, CST244EF, CST243EF Review and comments

Just had one Entrada installed yesterday in a bathroom my wife primarily uses. Replaced a 30 year old rose colored 3.5 gallon Kohler that has been there from when we originally built the house. Alas, the flange had rusted and had to be replaced (neither of the repair flange kits my plumber...
  8. Berry

How much play is there in setting the closet bolts in flange - can I pick up an extra inch from wall

Thanks Wayne Especially appreciate the info on the minimum size hole a plumber would need. I looked and I do have a few spare pieces of tile so if needed, I could have the one tile (and the subfloor under it) where the existing water supply is removed completely, have the plumbing done and...
  9. Berry

How much play is there in setting the closet bolts in flange - can I pick up an extra inch from wall

Thanks. I can't do that until the old toilet is out. Just based on my measurements and that drawing, the pipe will interfere unless I can offset the toilet enough to the right - or shift the supply line back and or to the left
  10. Berry

Thanks. That is in any direction, correct - so I can offset the Drake II 3/8" to the right I am not sure if that will be enough but that plus removing the escutcheon may make it close I will try that first I think worst case I would try to have a a small 3" by 3" piece of the tile and subfloor...
  11. Berry

Sorry - I should have clarified the photo is of the existing toilet. The new Toto base would be much further back - 1 5/8" from the wall - and that pipe is like 2 1/2 to 3" out from the wall - so the base of the toilet will hit it I thought about removing the old escutcheon and would do so -...
  12. Berry

Thanks - if that is the case, how big of a hole would a plumber need to make in the tile / subfloor to move the water supply line a couple inches left. I attached a pic of the existing toilet - the new toilet sits much further back, 1 5/8" from the wall. Can they do this just by cutting out a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks