Recent content by BenRad

1. BenRad

Internet explorer or Moxilla Firefox

don't forget about extensions... Another nice thing about Firefox is the fact that you can customize and enhance it by using extensions. Some of the extensions I use and can't live without: Adblock Plus & Adblock Filterset.G Updater - Blocks out all web ads. Makes browsing much more...
  2. BenRad

Problem replacing American Standard shower diverter stem.

Verdeboy, actually, there is an o-ring in that groove, but it doesn't fill the entire groove. Maybe I need to replace that.
  3. BenRad

But then I wouldn't be able to spend hours of my time swearing, sweating and catching assorted body parts between adjustable wrenches and the like. ;)
  4. BenRad

Here's the stem Here's what it looks like... Does it appear that the seat is worn? It APPEARS to seal up pretty tight when you screw in the stem, but then again I'm not sure. I wasn't able to find a replacement part for this anywhere, can anyone point me in the direction of a good online...
  5. BenRad

Sorry, I went back and read my post and realized I wasn't too clear on what I meant. Basically the tub faucet runs when the diverter is switched to shower, so, water is coming out of the shower and out of the faucet, into the tub. The stem is not leaking. As I said before, the washer at the end...
  6. BenRad

I live in a 3 floor house, built in 1920, and I'd say the (pink and grey tiled) bathroom was installed circa 1955, with all the original fixtures. They're branded as "Standard" which I assume is American Standard, since I've been able to replace both the faucet stems with Danco american standard...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks