Recent content by BenjaminCoop

1. BenjaminCoop

DWV vacuum test

I passed my inspection last week and wanted to follow up here in case it might help someone in the future. Here's a few pictures. Furthest upstream: from left to right, shower drain (with vacuum gauge), vent for shower (with AAV in bump out behind shower), toilet Downstream from the toilet...
  2. BenjaminCoop

DWV vacuum test

I had no trouble getting it to hold 5 PSI of air so the 2 PSI of vacuum should be no trouble. With the air test, I use a test tee in a cleanout just before the new plumbing ties into the old cast iron. There is no cleanout downstream of the new tie-in point, so how could I do the water test...
  3. BenjaminCoop

DWV vacuum test

Well this morning I finally got through to the inspector to ask a couple final questions for my rough-in inspection. He surprised me by saying they no longer allow the 5 PSI pressure test for DWV. Now it's 10ft head of water, or -2 PSI vacuum test. The water test would be extremely...
  4. BenjaminCoop

90 degree long sweep permitted?

This is a follow-up post to a recent thread, now with a mock-up to better illustrate my question. This shows a 2" shower drain and trap running through a 90 degree bend to catch a vent, then connecting to the 3" WC line as a wet vent for the WC. My question hinges on the following language in...
  5. BenjaminCoop

Basement bathroom venting puzzle

The cross-hatched walls shown are my 2x4 stud walls, and behind them is concrete to the north (up) and west (left). I need to put R-13 in those stud walls so I can't run plumbing through them, but I would consider furring out that north wall behind the WC or making it 2x6 to allow for one of...
  6. BenjaminCoop

Thanks Wayne. I'm not super interested in providing our basement with more dank odors so I see why avoiding the horizontal offset between the fixture drain and trap is ideal. Here is my layout: As you can see, the lav is on the wrong side to provide a convenient wet vent. My existing sewer...
  7. BenjaminCoop

Yes, there will be a wall bump-out there (coming down from the top of the picture) specifically to create a small space to house the AAV and maybe some extra toilet paper. Thanks for you input!
  8. BenjaminCoop

Thanks for your reply, although "Picasso" is too kind for my scribbles! I think I had a major brain fart and forgot I could run the trap arm north ("up" in my picture) to the point where I could use the trap swivel to do the 90 degree (or so) bend and then pick up the vent. Does this look better?
  9. BenjaminCoop

Sorry about that! Let's try again:
  10. BenjaminCoop

Hi all, I'm putting a bathroom in my basement and am currently working on the plans to submit to the city. With my layout, I am planning to use an AAV behind (in the wet wall of) the shower, in a 12" wide space that will likely double as a narrow storage cabinet. This will vent the shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks