Recent content by beniciaDIY

1. beniciaDIY

drain for added bathtub - remodel

attached photo - We are looking from the floor below the bathroom being remodeled. the new bathtub is over our head and I am looking to run the drain line. (C) is the existing p-trap for the shower with (A) being the vent up and drain down. Two plumbers have told me they will tie the...
  2. beniciaDIY

Swanstone Fit Flow Drain

Looking at a Swanstone shower pan with a Fit Flow integrated drain. Has anyone had problems with this drain leaking? Seems their gasket between the waste pipe and their drain cup is going to eventually fail????
  3. beniciaDIY

custom shower

I checked out the Nobel website and liked what I saw, especially the linear drain. My shower will be 3' wide by 5' with a drop in tub at the end (L-shaped not linear). Are there issues with linear drains?
  4. beniciaDIY

custom shower

What is the best base for longevity (no leaks in tiled shower; kerdi; hot mop; or mortar and liner?
  5. beniciaDIY

Add bathtub - second floor remodel

hj, Thanks. Figured it had to be the hardest option. As the horizontal run is close to 7 ft ad I need 1/4 inch per ft slope, I assume I cannot use the 2 inch vertical that the shower is using and have to tie into the 3 inch soil stack?
  6. beniciaDIY

Add bathtub - second floor remodel

Looking to add bathtub in second floor remodel. I have access to 1.5 inch horizontal shower drain line (approx. 4 ft from proposed bathtub drain) in the floor that empties into 2" vertical drain in the wall (approx. 7 ft from proposed tube drain), the main soil stack is also in the wall on this...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks