Recent content by bengal21

1. bengal21

PVC Hub in Floor

My in-laws have a hub in their floor that was a floor drain (see attached photo). The hub is 4" inside diameter and I'm trying to transition with PVC to turn the floor drain into a shower drain. I cannot seem to find anything that will work (I was thinking of maybe using a flush bushing but I...
  2. bengal21

Does this layout work best?

So, pretending the sink is the place where a washing machine is being installed, How would you install the drain piping while also trying to vent the toilet? Two seperate lines until they meet a perpindicular lateral (not shown in drawing above) each vented on their own?
  3. bengal21

So if the drain line were 3" it would be acceptable? Would you run 3" up to where the trap arm of the washing machine connects and use a tee with 2" reducers for the vent and trap arm?
  4. bengal21

Would it be acceptable under UPC to have a washing machine in the location of the sink as long as the drain line is 2"? Isn't the drain line for the sink considered a "wet vent" for the toilet and aren't horizontal wet vents not allowed unless they're 6" above the fixture it's serving?
  5. bengal21

Toilet location

If I install my basement toilet near (within 4 feet) the lateral drain that leaves my home (not sure if it is 3" or 4" cast iron) do I have to have a seperate vent? The main stack is approximately 15 feet away from the area I would like to place the toilet. the I'm not quite sure what code says...
  6. bengal21

Running Vent Horizontal, UPC

So, just to be clear, it is acceptable that a vent have a "peak" in the line as long as the lines are sloped toward a drain? Correct?
  7. bengal21

I thought that a vent line could be run horizontally if it was 6" above the highest fixture served?
  8. bengal21

I have seen it mentioned that a vent can be run horizontal. I have a basement bathroom and I'm planning to have a sink and shower on one side and a washing machine on the other and a toilet that is wet vent from the washing machine. I cannot run the vent on the sink and shower side of the room...
  9. bengal21

Converting Basement Floor Drain

Bump.. Could someone let me know if I can wet vent a floor drain as shown in the drawing above. It will be in the middle of the room so I am not quite sure how else to vent it? thanks.
  10. bengal21

Understanding Fixture Units

Hello, If someone could answer the following question for me it would be appreciated. And the units I am using are from the UPC. If I have a 2" vent that can serve a total of 24 FU can I split the fixtures on opposite sides of the room into 1.5" vents (as long as each side doesn't exceed 8...
  11. bengal21

Yes, I understand now. I didn't really want to hear "break it out of the concrete" but I know that it needs to be done correctly. I will try to follow code. Another question: I know people discourage removing a floor drain in a basement so I think I am going to keep a drain in the room and...
  12. bengal21

Vertical Drain Drop Limit?

Thanks for the clarification all. I am scrapping the idea of running the shower drain that way. Instead I will leave it draining to the stack it is running to now. It is currently only a 1.5" drain and I plan to make it a 2" drain to the stack and vent properly. When you say that the shower...
  13. bengal21

Thanks all. I will be busting up the concrete and replacing the drain the correct way.
  14. bengal21

Thanks to you both. Looking at my drawing a second time I show that the vent would go "to roof" but I plan to tie into one of the other stacks in the house. is what I show acceptable under UPC? Could I slope the vent line for the shower 1/4" per foot either direction since either direction...
  15. bengal21

I have a shower on the first floor and I am going to remodel my laundry room in the basement into a bathroom/laundry room. The shower on the first floor isn't properly vented so I am wondering if I can include it in the basement remodel since I can access it from underneath. I was wondering...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks