Recent content by Benchwrench

1. Benchwrench

Sizing Kitchen Range Breaker Size & Wire Gauge

40a. breaker w/ #8 Cu. for range or oven. Just a note regarding #6 Cu. NEC states it's rated at 55a. and allows a 60a. breaker.
  2. Benchwrench

Remodel & Install of New Tank Location w/ Sediment Filtration

Thanks Terry, I'll also touch base with the local inspector. I also called a local plumber and he didn't see a problem going with PVC just more work involved, however he suggested PEX for the cold run to the tank and I agree with his recommendation. Being an electrician, I just don't have...
  3. Benchwrench

WX202 Pressure Tank testing question

I'm also interested in a CSV install .
  4. Benchwrench

my guess is Pex ability of expansion from freezing temps and numerous PVC glued joints, flexibility of use bowing and bending around structure and possibly HVAC. (just an uneducated guess) Personally I think it's a cost effective measure over any other objection, I still think PVC is more...
  5. Benchwrench

confused about basement PVC plumbing code Being an electrician by trade I wanted post here to find out about running PVC in my basement was up to plumbing code. Thank you for your response. What I don't understand is why my neighbor has PVC inside his residence's pantry where his tank is...
  6. Benchwrench

I was going to extend the 1.25 PVC to the new tank location which is now located in a finished basement utility room. Will PVC be acceptable across the ceiling in a basement or do I have to plumb it with 1.25" Copper once it makes a transition from the crawlspace across the basement ceiling to...
  7. Benchwrench

There's wiring and a pressure switch on the new tank location. Thank you for the information about the transition from PVC to Cu. at POE even though it's in the basement. I know my neighbor has PVC plumbing to his tank located inside his home (pantry) but that doesn't mean it's legit. Does...
  8. Benchwrench

Greetings All. New to the forum. I'm no expert on the matter but I have a situation I'd like to share with you guys who know more than most... Our old Indiana home has a defective 26 gallon bladder tank which was installed in the crawl space some 30 feet from the the well...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks