Recent content by Bemis

1. Bemis

Bathroom waste vent

Drain starts at the lav > Toilet > Shower > Kitchen sink > 15' to basement wall where it exits.
  2. Bemis

Bathroom waste vent

This is an update to an earlier question of mine. I am building a cottage that is a challenge to vent; timber frame with SIPs and only one location for a vent in interior partitions. Maine which uses modified UPC. Local inspector has approved the use of AAVs for lav and kitchen sink. Does this...
  3. Bemis

Toilet vent question

Adjusted drawing to vent shower just downstream of trap - better?
  4. Bemis

Toilet vent question

Thanks - no waste plumbing has yet been installed. Vent is in place - not yet connected. Shower drain is in place - not yet connected. Full basement with altitude to make connections any way. Connection to vent would be san tee. I can easily run a separate wet vent from the shower to the...
  5. Bemis

Toilet vent question

Yes - Lav waste could be joined upstream or downstream of toilet: Option 1 - Lav with AAV > 4' > Toilet > 8' > vertical vent > 2' shower > 6' 6" > kitchen sink with AAV - see sketch Option 2 - Toilet > 4' > Lav with AAV > 6' > shower > 2' vertical vent > kitchen sink with AAV Maine uses a...
  6. Bemis

Toilet vent question

Lav waste can be upstream of toilet - shower and kitchen would be downstream - I will rough sketch.
  7. Bemis

Toilet vent question

I'm installing the plumbing (DIY) in our small cottage in Maine. I'm a bit confused as to what I'm allowed to do with the venting. All plumbing is on the first floor and there is a full basement. The toilet flange is 8' from the vertical vent. My main waste pipe is to be 3" PVC as 4" is just too...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks