Recent content by beeth

1. beeth

Weird air filters inside the furnace

Hi WorthFlorida, I really appreciate all the info you provided here. Sorry I read that several times but I still don't understand what's the current problem(s) you discovered other than the air filter issue(which needs to be replaced). You mentioned about the A coil, then curd inside the blower...
  2. beeth

You also mentioned about the AC coils like breplum said today, could you please tell me a bit more? Sorry I am not familiar with this but love to learn. Thanks again!
  3. beeth

Thanks breplum! Could you please tell me a bit detail about: 1. "shop to make up a cover panel and gasket them with peel and stick material from the hardware store for better efficiency": did you mean how to cover the filter slot on the side(the leaky style)? or should I simply tape it with...
  4. beeth

Thanks for WorthFlorida and SShaw pointing out the filter type, so what type of filter should I buy for the "bottom" one to replace the existing mess one? I used 3M Filtrete "7"(1000) 16x25x1 for the side one. The model number of the furnace is York P3HUC16N09201C. Please advise. Thanks!
  5. beeth

I confirm they are connected there is an opening between the furnace base(riser) and the bottom of the duct: Why the airflow needs to go two paths instead of just one? I wonder why the bottom should be connected, why the airflow can't just go through the air filter(red one, 16x25x1, slide...
  6. beeth

I attach another photo above, and I will check and confirm if the base of the furnace connects to the right duct.
  7. beeth

Yes, that's an electrostatic filter, I found a few in the house. Are the filters used to seal to the ground? I attach another picture with a better view below:
  8. beeth

When I opened the cover of the furnace in the utility room at the basement level, the first time after I moved in to this house built year 2000, I was so surprised to find two air filters put right under the fan(please see the picture #1 below): one 16x25x1 old filter with dust, one old style of...
  9. beeth

Humidifier fell and crashed to pieces

Thank you so much Dana, for all the details!
  10. beeth

Humidifier fell and crashed to pieces

I heard a big cash sound yesterday when I was working in the house but I couldn't find why, until this afternoon when I went downstairs to the basement, I felt hot then I was shocked when I saw the humidifier fell on the ground with pieces and dust everywhere in the utility room, leaving a big...
  11. beeth

Fan randomly runs several times a day while system is OFF

What's the R wire for? I did a test in the past couple days, by disconnecting the G(green) wire: ************* Before disconnecting the Green cable ************* 10/12, SYSTEM=OFF, FAN=AUTO: I heard the very short(<1 second) buzzing sound(not sure if "buzzing" is the right word, but the...
  12. beeth

I found the fan starts randomly(sometimes failed to start, when I heard very short buzz sound from the attic), so I doubt its behavior is usual. I think all the sensor is on the control board.
  13. beeth

No, there is no humidistat or humidity control with my system. Thanks!
  14. beeth

I recently noticed an issue with the HVAC system on the 2nd floor, the fan runs for a while(around half an hour or a bit longer) then turns off, several times a day even while I set SYSTEM=OFF, FAN=auto. The other system in the basement(covers 1st floor and the basement, two zone) doesn't have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks