Recent content by beerdog

1. beerdog

Toilet installation help - toilet sits on flange

I avoided spillage by just being careful. The area surrounding it was clear. Packed it in with a 2lb drilling hammer and some flat tipped iron puches.
  2. beerdog

Paying the minimum cost would be fair.That is how you make a profit when you get good. Job was completed. I removed it by drilling out the lead. I just was not comfortable breaking it off since I am not very experienced. I just could not get over the the thought that I would crack the pipe...
  3. beerdog

Thanks for the info. I went to buy a new flange and the guy at the counter said to reuse the one I removed because it was better than what is sold today. It is much beefier and has a larger internal lip to pack the oakum on to. I still bought the new one. He said bring it back if I decide not to...
  4. beerdog

Thanks for the link Terry. I tried looking at some books on how to do this but all they show is installing an expanding repair flange. Well, I got the flange off using the method of drilling out the lead. It was definitly a poor installation. The flange easily sits level. I have a few...
  5. beerdog

I cleaned it up real good and now understand how this goes together. The pipe is plumb. The flange is simply poorly installed and tilted to rear. I will likely call a plumber. Sounds liek a 15 minute job for a pro. What should I expect to pay....ballpark? I am guessing $100-150 installed...
  6. beerdog

Are they really the same? I think HD had the AS Champion for $30 less. GRRRR. I corrected my post. The flange is actually a 1/4" higher in the front. I still have to measure it, but I think I will have to shim it or build up the floor 3/4". That just seems like too much and will be very...
  7. beerdog

This looks like a cool forum. This is my first time posting. I am installing a new toilet to get some better flushing performance. Purchased a Eljer Titan 4. Replacing a Kohler low flow from the early 90's or 80's. Always have to flush twice on #2. The issue is the toilet rocks arround on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks