Recent content by Bdiggs

1. Bdiggs

Remove Air from system after Air Injection Iron Filter

Does anyone know if this is a problem for the Aer-Max type of systems? Maybe it's okay since it comes with it's own vent? I was thinking about adding one of those to a system, but having it come on when the pump runs (overkill, I know), and so it would be adding a lot of air (but less...
  2. Bdiggs

Katalox/Filox type medias and Hydrogen Peroxide

Thanks Ditto, true it's so low. I guess then the KL media does as good of a job of "removing" H2O2 as catalytic carbon (or better, then?), would there be a need for catalytic carbon following a KL tank in a continuous feed system? Say, to remove any disinfection byproducts or are there...
  3. Bdiggs

Okay! I finally have some updated information on Manganese Dioxide and H2O2/Hydrogen Peroxide. It (appears, I haven't DEEPLY researched it) that everyone is correct in that the Manganese Dioxide medias are fine with H2O2/Peroxide (well, obviously you guys already knew this with your...
  4. Bdiggs

Katalox-Light or Filox Regeneration with an Oxidant Questions

Hello again! Being on a well system I just can't seem to stay away from this forum. Thank you all so much for sharing your knowledge. I was wondering if I could tap you guys for some information on regenerating Manganese Dioxide medias with a regenerate (specifically H2O2 or Chlorine). For...
  5. Bdiggs

Battles with manganese

Hey WellOff, I think I remember reading that peroxide is much more stable than chlorine as far as shelf life goes? Losing only about 1% per year? (Link here) I'm also thinking/trying to remember that some of the 7% peroxides used for water treatment have a few (and the ones used for...
  6. Bdiggs

Hey everyone, I had some questions about using Hydrogen Peroxide with the Manganese Dioxide medias. It seems to imply on both the brochure for Katalox-Light (Link) and Filox (old Matt-Son Link) that you can use Hydrogen Peroxide with a continuous feed ahead of it (and also just during the...
  7. Bdiggs

Filox sizing questions (or MangOX) and...preferences?

Hey! I have thought about using a water softener alone...maybe one with fine mesh resin also for the task (even though that might be overkill...I don't know, what do you guys think about that and what is the pressure drop on those compared to standard?). I guess we have just had staining of...
  8. Bdiggs

Thanks for the posts and PM's y'all. I looked at Birm and may could size it correctly, but, was interested in the longevity and "more power" available in the heavy Manganese Dioxide medias. That being said - only have about .5ppm of each iron and manganese in equal parts...would the OX medias...
  9. Bdiggs

Hello! I am looking at a Filox (or even a MangOx) iron & manganese filter but might have to undersize for my peak service flow rates in order to have enough for the maximum (warm water) backwash rate...here is what I was wondering: When you undersize, do you get the undersized % of total...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks