Recent content by bcd11

1. bcd11

Speedbump - Thanks for the offer

Bob, Thanks for the 8/30/08 offer of the #7 slot point. I'm going to pass on it for now. A friend was also driving a well (trying to drive a well) and got discouraged. Out of the discouragement came a #7 slot point that didn't make it into the ground but rather into my ever-increasing...
  2. bcd11

#7 Slot Sand Pt. vs. Casing vs. Wound wire?

...as much as a 10' plug in the bottom. Thanks for THAT warning! Me thinks after leaving a two week old $60 well point in the ground, taking a week to pry 15' of metal pipe out of the ground, and having 2' of sand in the bottom of my 4' sand point I'll pass on the potential 10' plug in the...
  3. bcd11

LOL!! Long Beach, IN is not QUITE as well known as Long Beach, CA. We are about 30 miles across Lake Michigan from Chicago. On most any day we can go to the beach and see the buildings in Chicago. On a clear night it's quite a sight to see the buildings lit up and the planes arriving and...
  4. bcd11

Bob, Again, thanks for the fast reply and your PATIENCE. After reading your reply and looking at the pump manual (for the umteenth time) I'm not sure I correctly described my plan of attack. What I meant to say is drive a casing (4" or 6") to a depth of 24'-25', about 10' below the...
  5. bcd11

Bob, Again, thanks for the fast reply and your PATIENCE. After reading your reply and looking at the pump manual (for the umteenth time) I'm not sure I correctly described my plan of attack.
  6. bcd11

Thanks Speedbump Bob, Thanks for the QUICK reply. I'll run another flow test and make sure the 27 gpm is still accurate. Good idea on not getting sand at the top. I can easily get insde the pump and look for sand. The oscillating sprinklers seem to be sand free. IF the point...
  7. bcd11

I am driving wells in VERY FINE sand for a lawn watering system. I jetted/drove a 4' x 1 1/4" #10 slot PVC sand point to a depth of 24', my water level is 15'. After 4-5 hours of operation my sand point has filled with 2' of sand. I am using a centrifugal pump and getting 27 gpm at 40 psi...
  8. bcd11

Porky and Bob NH - THANKYOU!

I meant for my first post today to have the title; Big Time THANK YOU to Porky and Bob NH. It didn't, so I posted again hoping the title on the new post is like I want it and let all the forum readers know how much I appreciate your help. Bart
  9. bcd11

Shallow driven well ?'s

Big Time "THANK YOU" to Porky and Bob NH! I really appreciate the help and information. Porky, Thanks for the suggestion of driving the points deeper. They are now at 22'-24' with 7'-8' of water standing in the bottom of the suction pipes. I did a seat of the pants flow test and am getting...
  10. bcd11

Shallow driven well ?'s

First off, THIS IS ONE GREAT FORUM!!! The pro's that answer questions are a godsend to us DIY'ers. Big time THANKS! Here's what I'm tangling with; -Live close to Lake Michigan, very FINE sand -Want a well to water lawn -Water at 14' below ground surface -Flotec 1 1/2...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks