Recent content by barumord

1. barumord

Gas string trimmer

Wow For an extra $29, it seems like the Stihl is a much better buy
  2. barumord

Gas string trimmer

I just purchased a Craftsman gas trimmer for my weeds. It was their Anniversary addition and it was on sale for $100. I still did not open the box and I am considering to return it. It seems that many people complain about it not starting very easily. When I went to Consumer reports website...
  3. barumord

Interior French Drain

I am in the process of choosing a company to install an interior french drain in my basement. So far I have 2 companies to choose from. The prices are about the same, however, one company uses PVC piping under the gravel while the other uses a flexible pipe. The one who uses a flexible pipe...
  4. barumord

Home Generators & Sump pumps

Question. I took apart my Little Giant sump pump which had overheated to see if any dirt got stuck in the impellar. Being the ignoramous that I am, I took out 4 screws and the next thing I knew I had an oily solution all over the table,,,like a whole big puddle worth of this stuff. Did I just...
  5. barumord

Home Generators & Sump pumps

I have 2 sump pumps in my basement due to a recent extension of my home. I have considered purchasing 2 battery back up pumps and was told that the cost would be roughly $1200 per pump unit (incl installation). With the cost of $2400 for both, I am now considering to purchase a Guardian 12...
  6. barumord

Sump pump woes

Also, a correction from my earlier post. The exterior drain is about 14-18 inches wide, not 12.
  7. barumord

Sump pump woes

Update,,,I had my plumber come back tonight and he said the pump was clogged with mud and that was why it stopped working. He took it apart, cleaned it out and it started pumping again. Of course about 30 minutes after he left the pump started acting up again and it would not pump water out...
  8. barumord

Sump pump woes

The extension cord was not temporary, the contractor still claims it is not a problem. The pumps were "Little Giant", "Simmer 1/3 HP" and "Meyers 1/3 HP" Regarding the size of the pit, it is a large round circular pipe about 12 - 14 inch radius.
  9. barumord

Sump pump woes

I recently built an addition to my home. The new basement was built about 1 foot lower than the existing basement with footing drains transfering water to a pit outside my basement in the backyard. My problem is as follows, the pump keeps overheating or tripping the fuse. I have gone through 3...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks