Recent content by Barbara K

1. Barbara K

Toilet runs every 15 minutes....obviously leaking

I tried trimming it down just a bit and so far so good. I may still end up needing to replace the flush valve but at least for now it's not leaking. Thank you to all for lending your expertise. I really appreciate your taking time to help others.
  2. Barbara K

I placed the flapper in hot water and then reinstalled it. As I was putting it on I did check the area under the flapper for debris. Finding none I did notice that the seal is a little elevated at the lowest part of the base of the thingy that the flapper sits on (I know not very technical). I...
  3. Barbara K

Thank you, I will try this as soon as I get home. I was just so frustrated since I bought the name brand part. And silly me I thought just replacing it would work. I appreciate your taking the time to help.
  4. Barbara K

I'm not sure if this is the correct pixels you asked for. Sorry Terry I disconnected the chain from the lever and that's laying on the bottom of the tank.
  5. Barbara K

Here's two pics, one of the parts list inside the lid and one of the inside of the tank which includes food coloring that is not leaking into the bowl which tells me the seal between the tank and bowl is good. I have checked the rim that the flapper sits on and it doesn't seem to have any...
  6. Barbara K

My Kohler toilet obviously has a leak. I have replaced the flapper with an original part. I have read through the thread and tried the various things. Yes the dye leaks into the toilet bowl. I also tried the o rings that someone mentioned to hold the flapper more securely. If I shut off the...
  7. Barbara K

I also tried the o rings. When I shut the water off the tank empties eventually.

I also tried the o rings. When I shut the water off the tank empties eventually.
  8. Barbara K

My toilet refills about every 15 minutes. I replace the flapper and it still leaks. Please help

My toilet refills about every 15 minutes. I replace the flapper and it still leaks. Please help
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks