Recent content by Bananaboyandy

1. Bananaboyandy

Clack WS1

Ah ok. Saw a pic online of it and thought it was standard. Makes sense.
  2. Bananaboyandy

Clack WS1

Anyone know where I can get a front WS1 sticker for my Clack WS1 valve cover? Just had it installed and would like to throw that on there if they are available. Couldn't find it online.
  3. Bananaboyandy

Softener advice - Which option would you choose

Gary, You are right, the description says it is a Marlo CMP Series Water Softener but I was told it is a Clack valve head. I would go with the Fleck based on everything I've read on the forum but I need to find a plumber to do the install as I don't even want to mess with it. Most don't seem...
  4. Bananaboyandy

Softener advice - Which option would you choose

Is Clack WS1 vs CMP I was quoted a price for a Clack CMP valve head...is that the same as a WS1? If not, which is better? Getting pricing around $2k to install a CMP-45k system with a Marlo tank...thoughts if that is good?
  5. Bananaboyandy

Price difference between Clack and Fleck

Is there a big difference in pricing between a Clack WS1 vs the Fleck 7000SXT valve? I've read good things about both. Any difference in performance? I am waiting to get a few quotes back and wanted to see what others thought was reasonable. From what I've read on the forum, the Fleck...
  6. Bananaboyandy

Can you drink softened water?

Thanks, all good information. One last question. My fridge also has a water dispenser and its own filter. Do you think the filter that comes with the fridge would do an adequate job passing the softened water through it that it would still be good to drink? I have to do a little more...
  7. Bananaboyandy

Do you think there would be a noticeable pressure drop with the RO filter? I have the ability to install a second faucet where there is a cut out for a soap dispenser.
  8. Bananaboyandy

I am moving into a new home and the city water is very hard. I've decided on going with a Fleck 7000sxt based on everything I've read on the forum. My questions revolves around the ability to drink softened water. Some posts that I have read indicates that "softened" water has a salty taste...
  9. Bananaboyandy

Iron Filter Recommendation

I'm in the process of installing a Fleck 7000 SXT softener in my home. I am considering installing an iron filter as well. Any suggestions? I see a few guys had success with the Big Blue filters. I want to make sure whatever I use doesn't cause much of a pressure drop. Thanks, Andy
  10. Bananaboyandy

Help! Need advice on water softener system!

Sorry about that, this is city water..no well is involved. And yes, the red was in the tank of the toiler too.
  11. Bananaboyandy

Help! Need advice on water softener system!

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and need guidance. I am building a house and want to install a water softener system. We currently reside in the same area we are moving to and the water is horrible...it leaves mineral deposits on everything and a red ring in the toilets. Once we move in we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks