Recent content by Baldrick

1. B

Mold inside exterior walls, WTF!!!

We hang 4" poly because first, I had no idea that polyiso would act as a vapor barrier. We needed it though, to protect us from the batt fibers. I am ripping it down as I go with the wall finish, which is 3/4"x7" TG pine flooring. No drywall planned anywhere in the house. Finished wall...
  2. B

Nope, no holes. It's first time I head about it. No mention of it by any code here in WI. Sheeting is tight, all vertical joints at the studs. Typar on the top and then foil faced foam. Got air cleaner with ozone maker running at the furnace, just in case.
  3. B

Standing water in sewer... without clog?

Sewer pipe was crushed outside, had about 5in hole and was filled with gravel from surrounding drain tile installation. I guess my 1" snake head was able to punch through, but much bigger auger that plumber brought couldn't, just like his camera. Long story short, it turned out that I know the...
  4. B

This is quite a shocker to me and my wife. We have been working on our house for a while and finally got to doing some interior finish. Opted out of drywall and went with 3/4" TG wide pine flooring. We found mold growing on the inside of exterior sheating, as we pulled fiberglass insulation to...
  5. B

I used ~$35 snake with about 1-1/4" ball type head. Didn't think about possibility that whatever hole was punched through could plug up right when I coiled it back. Good point. Doubt the line froze, it's good 7 feet under ground. Also, gave up on renting power auger. If pipe is separated and...
  6. B

It's a mystery for my family for over couple months now but discovery couple days ago narrowed down to what the problem could be. 1. There is water standing in the sewer pipe. 2. Septic system has been pumped and water table is low in the tank. It's about 60ft from the house. 3. With...
  7. B

Thermostats + controls for 2 temp system

Since I am getting no response from other thread, let's put things differently. What would be the best way to control a 2 temp system? Trinity Ti100 has it's own Sentry 2100 unit, but alone it will do no good for more than 1 zone. Primary loop with a 009 pump and then secondary header...
  8. B

Thermostat choices with Taco SR502

It's too late in the game to add slab sensors so it will be air sensing. I've read mixed opinions on dual-stage heating thermostats (is that the right name?). And I am not sure if they would work here. I want radiant to have priority for heating and have furnace kick on only at ~50F (in...
  9. B

Thermostat choices with Taco SR502

This is a last piece in my puzzle. 2 zones: - high temp underfloor - low temp slab 1 primary pump, 2 secondary pumps (one with I-series setpoint mixing valve), Trinity Ti100 w/ Sentry 2100 control, Taco SR502 switching relay). There already is one thermostat in a slab zone (it does...
  10. B

No-thermostat radiant heat

It's only 50K BTU/hr heat loss, super insulated house.
  11. B

Trinity Ti100 requires a primary loop, and most likely 009 pump. It will do heating only. I have started a new thread with new approach to this problem. It includes most recent design schematics. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18108
  12. B

The house is not prewired for alarm system, but this option sounds interesting, especially that I priced Honeywell wireless system for 7 zones to be about $2,400, not including Taco hardware. Due to that fact, I am leaning towards adding some manual (to the point) controls over zoning...
  13. B

Subzoning/branching within same thermostat

Here is my design so far (simplified view): You can see both slab and underfloor low temp loops. These 2 plus whole secondary slab will need some mixing.
  14. B

Subzoning/branching within same thermostat

Sorry for creating another thread dealing with same problem, but I would like to try a different approach. With originally designed 7 zones, the thermostat wiring was only made to 2 locations. Until now I thought it's useless, but I got a new idea. Since the only piece in this puzzle was...
  15. B

We cannot pull any new wires except for outdoor reset wires. Any advice on wireless thermostats? Besides 17 loop pairs sticking out of the slab and ceiling, nothing has been done in mechanical room. Oh, there is Trinity Ti-100 sitting right next to them ;)
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks