Recent content by BacchusII

1. BacchusII

Gravity fed recirc loop question.

Ball checks for recirc loop Check these out - they are simple and don't need any extra piping - simply install between hot & cold feed tubes on a sink... small needle balancing valve& ball check made for this application and they work! Eliminates need for pumps etc in most cases See...
  2. BacchusII

Gravity fed recirc loop question.

RE: Recirc Loop I'm not sure I follow you completely but for what it's worth... I installed a hot/cold water bypass valve to get low gravity flow between the hot & cold water line in a distant bath. The valve includes both a balancing valve and a check valve. The original one did not have...
  3. BacchusII

Water Heater Selection

Master Plumber Mark?? Mark... Appreciated your comments - I did go with the Bradford power vent thru the wall unit. It's in!! I find that the hot / cold bypass / check valve I had previously installed in a remote bath isn't working like it used to - takes a long time to get HW to the bath...
  4. BacchusII

Converting regular toilet to Pressure flush

Pressure Flush? I debated about going to a pressure flush a year ago. After reading about relatively loud flushes and high maintenance I read more about low flow gravity - to make it short I ended up with a Toto (actually 2 new ones) and love them. Have never needed a second flush since I put...
  5. BacchusII

Water Heater Selection

If I read the tax info correctly the only whater heaters that qualify for tax credit are those w/ energy coefficient of 0.8 or greater - basically tankless types. The units I've looked at come both ways power vent only or power vent w/ exterior combustion air. Price difference (American thru...
  6. BacchusII

Hot water recirculation

I installed a Hot to cold water line bypass/check valve many yrs ago that had the same effect w/o the cost / energy req'd to run a recirc pump. The unit is added at the farthest or most freauently used point (master bath sink in my case). It uses the cold water line to return but could also be...
  7. BacchusII

Water Heater Selection

I'd like to relocate a water heater in the basement and eliminate use of an existing flue. I'm considering an American brand direct vent / power direct vent and wondered if anyone has any experience w/ their units. I'm surprised a pricey unit like these are only 6 yr warranty?! ALso wondering...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks