Recent content by B2CHR

1. B2CHR

one smoke detector or two

Sure, mount them to the 2x4 drop panel with holler wall anchors or toggle bolts. You now can buy smoke detectors cheap so I would use 3 in the room. One on each side in the middle and one above the drop ceiling mounted to the bottom of the floor framing. Get a fire from something above your drop...
  2. B2CHR

Wall mount toilet to sheetrock??

Can let you know. I am installing one in the job we are working on now and have the info on the job site. This unit has a metal frame that mounts into the stud bay, (2x6 wall). I just reframed the wall with 2x6's so to get the 19 1/2" that the unit fits into. Seems like the bowl will rest up...
  3. B2CHR

Delta Touch 2 O

That's strange, just installed one yesterday. First one I seen. I don't know if I like this or not. To many little wires hanging under the sink. The green ground wire had little wire hooks to go around the hot/cold water lines feeding the sink and cinch the lines were pex that would not do so...
  4. B2CHR

Adjusting receptacles due to new tile

Yea tile job messed up to start with. I always run my tile down to the outlet mounting screw so the outlet will lay on top of the tile. In this case I would cut a small piece of tile to slip up under the outlet "wings" and tighten the outlet down on them and install a larger face plate.
  5. B2CHR

Ideas on rotted window in shower

Had the same problem in a house a few months back. Installed a new vinyl window and used 1x4x 3/4 PVC trim to trim it out. Tiled up to it and ran a bead of good silicon around the trim.
  6. B2CHR

Moen shower faucet attachment - confusion!

To me the inside of the pex seems to work fine but it's the very small dia of the 90 brass pex fitting that causes the restriction. I run pex up to the showerhead and this works fine to me.
  7. B2CHR

Temperature Pressure Relief Valve

Now just a guess here but maybe with the air on and the house colder it is cooling down the water lines and causing the water heater to come on more. Just a guess.
  8. B2CHR

Heating oil substitutes

One question was not touched on. What about kerosene in the heating unit?
  9. B2CHR

Toto Drake mystery, I give up!!!!

Sounds to me with the water level in the bowl dropping like it is that may also, along with a sometimes clog, be a clogged vent somewhere so as water is draining from say a tub or sink it is pulling the water out of the toilet. I would check this also.
  10. B2CHR

Wall Support for Pedestal Sink

Question, with the duct work behind the sink I take it that the drain and water supply is coming up through the floor? There is a thread here about installing a pedestal sink that has the drain coming up through the floor and there was a question about with the drain out in the floor that the...
  11. B2CHR

Air vents (AAV) or overkill?

What kind of drain stopper do you have. This could out of adjustment and cause a slow drain.
  12. B2CHR

Tub Delta faucet leak - How to fill space at wall?

Yes that would be one heck of a leak and for some time too.
  13. B2CHR

Just seen Redwood's post to another topic here and if I may, does it look like this............. http://www.deltafaucet.com/media/Product_Tech_Docs/Parts_Diagram/Models_622_635_636_641_642_5985.pdf
  14. B2CHR

Replacing Double Garage Doors With A Single?

Maybe Southrenman should have said two of them are them same "width" as a 2x4. 1 3/4 X 2 + 3 1/2.
  15. B2CHR

I take it that the sleeve slides through the face plate and the leak was between the two? Most of the time there is a foam gasket on the face plate that seals against the sleeve. You might try to put the sleeve and face plate back on and mark the location of the face plate where it ends up on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks