Recent content by b-y

1. b-y

Basement venting

cacher, thank you very much for the pointer - it was just what i needed. b-y
  2. b-y

Basement venting

"YEA long" is no help. and i do appreciate cacher-chick's isometric but it seems the layout is so basic that a plan view is sufficient. real plumbers; is there such a thing as a finite distance allowed from the 4" wet vent to where my 3" layout intersects the 4" main? also, it seems...
  3. b-y

Basement venting

thanks, i understand wet venting. the problem that has been pointed out is that my wet stack on the 4" drain line is too far away at 18'-20'. do you have a different opinion?
  4. b-y

Basement venting

dlarrivee & cacher say i can wet-vent, but do not offer a "how to" clue. another says it is way too far to the existing vent stacks and it won't work-period. if i were a master plumber i wouldn't be asking for help. maybe the forum format works only for clogged sink & leaky faucet questions...
  5. b-y

Basement venting

basement bath venting I'm posting again to see if i have learned anything about adding a basement bathroom. i've given up "wet venting" and hope this plan is correct & WI code compliant. thanks for all previous comments and anything helpful on current plan
  6. b-y

Basement venting

cacher, thanks for the constructive comments.
  7. b-y

Basement venting

i may be able to get a vent up to the attic thru a closet. there would have to be some horizontal vent lines in the basement (allowed?) to connect the tub,shower & lavs. would it matter if the vent lines were under the concrete and then up at a single location - or run vents to the closest...
  8. b-y

Basement venting

so if i vent the tub & shower drains into the lav AAV i'm good to go? the w.c. is only 2' from the main 4"c.i. line - can i just dump it in there without a vent? thank you for your help.
  9. b-y

Basement venting

getting ready to saw my basement slab to add a bath. i'm re-routing an existing vented 3" line from a first floor bath to go under the basement slab and tie into an existing under-floor vented 4" c.i. to street. i'll tie into the 3" line from the new toilet, tub & shower (all less than 5') and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks