Recent content by B&H

1. B&H

Power vent water heater question

At our current rates, it would cost about 2.5x to heat with electricity than NG. Yikes, no thanks! So with the guidance of those here, I decided to "rearrrange" the area that the water heater is in (move the new unit closer to the exterior wall) so as to be able to use a direct vent instead of a...
  2. B&H

When we bought this house 20 years ago, we had no gas, so we had an electric 40 gallon tank. 2 years after we moved in, we converted to NG and installed a gas WH. The savings from only switching from an electric to gas WH was significant! Fast forward to today, we are a family of 3 and...
  3. B&H

On BW's site, they claim about 104" from the centerline of the exhaust pipe on top of the tank, to the outside wall surface. This is on their direct vent 40 gallon tank in my link on page 1, with their standard size vent pipe and no turns. Unfortunately I need to go 120". I see that they advise...
  4. B&H

How far can a direct vent WH vent be run? I measured my distance and it may be too far.
  5. B&H

Not sure this is true. Read the first feature in B-W heater that I linked above.
  6. B&H

Plumber111, That WH may be a perfect fit! These are things that I don't know, direct vs "power direct". The reason that the contractor mentioned a power vent WH is because I have been fighting a backdraft situation down the chimney for a long time. Years ago, after I tightened the house up...
  7. B&H

I realize this and quite frankly was surprised at how close both the exhaust for the furnace and for a direct-vent gas stove are to windows. I forget what the code specified, but it didn't seem to make sense (too close). They are not bothering anything because those particular windows are closed...
  8. B&H

Looking at this unit: http://www.bradfordwhite.com/images/shared/pdfs/specsheets/116-B.pdf I don't think it uses any air from the house. I am very concerned about the exhaust smell. After replacing the WH, I am going to finish the ceiling in the basement w/ drywall, so moving the vent...
  9. B&H

Hello, newbie here. I am considering upgrading my NG water heater natural draft flue with a sealed-combustion power vent unit. I have a small ranch house with a full basement in Central New York, and recently had the NG furnace upgraded to a high-efficiency one. The only item now vented through...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks