Recent content by autojoe

1. autojoe

Storage tank increase size

Aerator on faucet was off and had only cold faucet open.
  2. autojoe

It took 1 minute 45 seconds after I shut water off after pump kicked on to go from 30 to 55 psi with no faucet on.
  3. autojoe

I turned cold faucet on utility tub pressure switch turns on 30 and off 55 psi. 1 min 45 seconds per cycle. Put out 7.25 gal in one min 45 seconds. Gpm 4 gal 2.3 cups. Does that sound low. I just turned cold water faucet on. Thanks for the help.
  4. autojoe

Ty for replies. My well 220 feet deep.
  5. autojoe

Ty for info. I have a 30/55 cut in and out now settings. What adjustment for valve? I only have one story ranch kitchen and bathroom besides laundry washer and utility tub in basement. I don't really notice any fluctuations in water pressure with shower. Pump is 20 years old. How long do pumps...
  6. autojoe

Ty for all that valuable information. My pump 2 wire I researched says 7 gpm. I don't know if 220 feet deep affects that. My pump runs longer I think then 2 minutes. Will have to time. How much does a csv costs where do you buy and easy to install. Thanks again.
  7. autojoe

So you are saying 36 gal tank is big enough. Bigger tank would not help. The bigger the tank you have the larger the drawdown (actual amount of water stored) you will have. A larger drawdown means longer run time and therefore less cycles. Is this true I read online. Ty for your time.
  8. autojoe

I have 3/4 hp goulds pump 220 feet deep. 30/50 pressure switch. 36 gal holding tank. Tank v100. Could I increase my tank size to prolong pump life. Would increasing tank size increase life of pump and cycle less frequent. I know tank is not all water air also. I was thinking 52 or bigger. My...
  9. autojoe

No water pressure submersible pump

25 amps... Why didn't fuse blow?
  10. autojoe

Yes buried. Ty. Worked before I shut off a year ago. Can I get a good pump brand from Lowes or home depot? How big for 50 feet. 1/3 hp?
  11. autojoe

My father passed away. I shut relay box off didn't want any chance for pump to run if leak house empty for year. Turn back on no water pressure. Pressure switch has safety arm I held in start position nothing. Ac meter have 125 volts on one side and when hold arm on pressure switch 250 volts on...
  12. autojoe

Well system pressure tank sizing

What do you mean by short cycle times. It takes awhile to go from 50 pounds to cut in pressure of 30 psi. Then takes 4 minutes to get back up to 50 psi.
  13. autojoe

The pump 3/4 hp goulds is 10 gpm. It takes awhile to kick on. May take 4 to 5 minutes to shut off. The pressure seemed higher before mainly from kitchen faucet and bathroom faucet.
  14. autojoe

I checked the old pump was 1/2 hp I wanted 3/4 hp. Pressure good in utility tub and bath tub. Maybe calcium deposits in the copper lines. Thanks for the reply.
  15. autojoe

Pump runs several minutes like 3-4 minutes before it shuts off. Pressure builds steady. I have lots of calcium in water and hot water tank. I have grade L copper. Wonder if mineral deposits in lines. Was thinking of converting to pex. Pump man when changed pump originally had goulds 1/4 hp and I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks