Recent content by augie

1. A

Tile or Glass Block First?

I'm building out a new shower in our master bath. The shower is 1/4 pie shaped. The curved wall will be half tile and half glass block. Should I set the glass block on the backer board or should I tile out the shower and then set the glass block on top of the tile on the half wall? Also, any...
  2. A

Shutting off one of two water heaters?

I will preface this by saying that I am not a plumber, just a handy guy interested in operating a home on as little energy as possible. If you only ever need 50 gallons of hot water at a time, I don't see why you would have to run both. I would make sure that the second one in line is the one...
  3. A

Stack Vent Routing

I am building a new home with several flat roofs. We are going to put down Sarnafil roofing membrane designed for green roof applications. I would like to minimize/eliminate any penetrations of these roofs if possible. I would like to run all the interior bathroom stack vents horizontally...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks