Recent content by atw58

1. atw58

Will Sharkbite Work On Copper With Leftover Solder

Good to know. Never seen a riser clamp before at least in a residential home. They seem to be used in more industrial settings.
  2. atw58

Thanks for the advice. The reason I'm a bit nervous is the connection will be hidden in the basement ceiling. I will also consider drilling a couple of holes in the floor near the existing pipe and install new copper a few inches away. As you can tell I am not a plumber but reasonably...
  3. atw58

I'm planning to tuck copper pipes below floor joists to avoid bulkheads in a drywall ceiling and want to cut the pipe then use a push on fitting because the pipe is very close to the joist. You can see the char marks on the wood from the original installer. If there is still solder on the copper...
  4. atw58

Back Water Valve Location

We are thinking about finishing our basement and wish to add a BWV to prevent any sewer backup. The floor drain is near the water heater along the side of the house. There is a toilet & sink rough-in within 1 ft of the front of the house (closest to the road). Normally the BWV is installed 3-6...
  5. atw58

Pressure Switch Selection

Hi all, Need your help in selecting the cut in/out value for a pressure switch. Here is my situation. We are on city water with 44 psi. Wish to pressurize hot water from a non-pressurized solar tank and feed the home hot water supply with a jet pump. Not sure if it matters but the solar hot...
  6. atw58

Jet Pump For Non-Pressurized Solar System?

Hi all, I am installing a non-pressurized solar water heater on the roof. It has a 40 gal storage tank connected to evacuated tubes which heats the water using thermosyphon. A solenoid controls filling the roof tank with cold water when the water level is side the tank drops below a certain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks