Recent content by Atl_Rob

1. Atl_Rob

Help me decipher this rough-in

Yeah looks like everything is off by lunch like 8 inches or so. The opposite wall is the back of stairs also , so the room couldn’t be moved forward. Maybe the plumber mismeasured or he didn’t have the plans with the right measurements.
  2. Atl_Rob

This basement was somewhat framed for finish when I bought it. Basically the internal walls are all built, and I have LVL beams in some areas that require large opening under the structure. This wall runs perpendicular to the joists and there is a shorter wall up above it on the first floor...
  3. Atl_Rob

Yes, the pipe behind the toilet is 13.5 inches away (edge to center) so it was definitely designed to be in the wall. If I moved the toilet back, I would still have to contend with the other pipe if it’s not in the wall.
  4. Atl_Rob

Yeah I said the same thing when I first saw it. The other pipes I could work with but the toilet so far from the wall is a problem. Every house in my neighborhood is unique so nothing to compare unfortunately.
  5. Atl_Rob

I cannot “move” the long wall since it’s structural. But I was thinking I would frame in front of it. The room on the other side will never be finished so I would always have easy access to the pipes. The short wall can be moved but I don’t see a reason to do it. Edit: I misunderstood you...
  6. Atl_Rob

Thanks for the answer! This was my assumption as well - but with the weird placement with respect to the wall I wasn’t 100% sure. The vent already runs up through the floor above and the vent is capped at the bottom. I assume it’s already going all the way to the roof. The problem is the wall...
  7. Atl_Rob

Yes, there’s a wooden stake with the top painted red right next to what I assume is a shower drain. Pipe on the right/back. Also there is a piece of rebar sticking through the concrete next to what I assume is the sink drain - the 2 inch pipe closest to the vent pipe above. I though it was...
  8. Atl_Rob

Trying to figure out what needs to be done here. The pipes don’t make sense to me with respect to the wall. Seems like a miscalculation of where the framed wall was going to be. If that’s the case, should I go through the trouble of moving the pipes back by 6 inches or so, or could I just...
  9. Atl_Rob

Review my water heater design

Thanks for your reply! That's a good question. Somehow it is currently working, that is, all upstairs and downstairs bathrooms get near instant hot water. I probably have an efficiency problem (water circulating faster through one of the water heaters). If you can think of an easy fix...
  10. Atl_Rob

Review my water heater design

Hi all, I'm about to replace a couple of old failing water heaters and I wanted to double-check that my design is sound. The current system works but I believe it's not plumbed correctly. Each water heater feeds a separate floor and each has recirculation return line. The return lines are...
  11. Atl_Rob

Replace two water heaters with one?

Thanks for the advice. I'll go with the same setup as you suggested. I got a hold of a local contractor through Home Depot and they quoted me $3,300 for everything. The heaters themselves are $615 each, so this seems like a total robbery. I'm comfortable doing the work myself, but not sure...
  12. Atl_Rob

Replace two water heaters with one?

Hi everyone, I currently have two 50 gal gas water heaters supplying hot water to my home. It's a large home with 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms currently occupied by a family of four (myself, wife, and two kids). None of us has ever ran out of hot water. We will potentially be finishing the basement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks