Recent content by asmad

1. asmad

Overflow gasket woes

I have an upstairs tub that was leaking at the overflow gasket during showers due to splashing. The problem is that the overflow drain pipe is not correctly aligned. There's not enough wiggle room to get it into a workable position or to access it from below or behind, either, due to various...
  2. asmad

Sprinkler zone not coming on

Never mind… it was a broken diaphragm.
  3. asmad

Sprinkler zone not coming on

I have an in-ground sprinkler system with six stations. Station six is the only one currently not coming on. When I turn on the station from the control panel, I can hear the valve opening and water flowing, but nothing else is happening. Given that the valve does come on, I'm assuming it's not...
  4. asmad

What to do with drain vent?

Good point about the type of fittings. I checked out that link you provided, but it looked like a bunch of bickering and I'm not sure where everyone landed. ;) FYI, here is how that area looks on that vertical to horizontal bend of the vent...
  5. asmad

It's been a few hours, so I'm just checking back. Might be slow here on a holiday weekend. :) But for me, this is work time. I wanted to see if this helps clarify what I am asking. I can either remove the existing drain and cap it off - or actually utilize the existing drain and add a second...
  6. asmad

Do PEX fittings reduce water flow? (PEX VS Copper)

I also have a project in which I was going to transition from 1/2" copper to PEX. But the point where I will transition is very close to the copper supply. From the copper/PEX transition, I will put a tee on - end going straight up to shower valve, the other going over about 2-3 feet for a tub...
  7. asmad

Since I last posted (see above TWO, both mine) I have learned two things... The first is that the waste line runs right back by that trap. I wonder if I have the option to tee into that waste line and run up a new section of the vent. It would mean any slab demo would be more in front of the...
  8. asmad

Sorry, I guess I should actually post the images...
  9. asmad

I got the existing tub drain partly excavated this morning, just enough to see what's what. Due to the depth and the length the trap jogs over under the slab, I don't have a line of sight to the part of the vent stack where the trap meets it, but I can get a camera down in there and snapped this...
  10. asmad

That would be fantastic. After my post, I checked chapter 9 of the IPC and I think table 906.1 confirms I am ok with the 1.5".
  11. asmad

Sorry, didn't finish. So what to do? Or can I just replace the drain and leave the vent alone? And do I need to replace the drain all the way to and including the T to/on the waste line? By the way, this is for a wet zone area, clawfoot tub draining onto a large shower floor. I have been in...
  12. asmad

I am in the midst of demo for a bathroom remodel and, long story short, need to convert existing 1.5" drain to a 2" drain. The vent for this drain takes three turns into an exterior wall, up into an inaccessible eave and then back across the attic space toward the direction it came from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks