Recent content by Ashton

1. Ashton

Water Softener Draining Question

Idaho's code is modified to allow AAVs in some use cases. Here's the relevant section (emphasis mine). The problem I have implementing the design you provided is that my laundry room has a different arrangement. The washing machine standpipe is on the wrong side of the vents (dryer and drain)...
  2. Ashton

Okay, here's my updated design, which I think is close to correct. I found a straight edge, but alas it can't help my handwriting out. The vent pipe is 2", which according to the code should be able to vent 16 units. The vent only serves the laundry room. The sink drain pipe will be 1 1/2"...
  3. Ashton

Reading the Idaho State Plumbing Code, I believe that tying into this vent stack would technically create a vertical wet vent, which is allowed in my area as long as it's below 6' in length (908.1), but now I'm wondering if I should just add an AAV (allowable in Idaho) just to be safe.
  4. Ashton

This is less a water softener question and more a plumbing question, so I think it belongs in this subforum. Apologies if I'm wrong. I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone, but want to make sure I'm doing it all right. My two issues are: Poor water softener drainage Lack of a utility...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks