Recent content by Asheville_jeff

1. Asheville_jeff

Intermittent Pump Flow/Pressure Problem

Great points - I'll definitely drop the top pressure as an interim solution and see what impact that has on my utility bill. Seems like the pump may have intermittent issues pressurizing the tank - but maybe I just tolerate the lower water pressure to see if I can extend it's usable life. I'll...
  2. Asheville_jeff

OK - some additional data... yay! Flow rate seems to be about 10 gals/min (1 gal every 5-7 seconds). I noticed that after running the pump for maybe 10 minutes, that the maximum achievable pressure was reduced (or at least was reduced from previous testing). The pump just stalled at 65 psi...
  3. Asheville_jeff

Maybe I just shut the breaker to the pump off for a day and see what kind of load I get, or better yet for a night. I think the new meter monitors down to an hourly level... I can compare a night without the pump to a night with and that should give a good baseline of vampire load and help...
  4. Asheville_jeff

Hahahah! Apologies... man did I mess that up. I meant we aren't using the HVAC, not that we had an alternate system. It's cool enough (or at least cools off enough at night) that we don't need to run the air. My point was that bill was as high as it was without any air conditioning or...
  5. Asheville_jeff

Thanks again for the help sleuthing this. Great questions and I really appreciate the analysis. The electric bill for June was $262.41, with an average usage of ~75kW hours per day. That dropped significantly when I replaced the tank and pressure switch (I fixed the tank about 1/2 way through...
  6. Asheville_jeff

Thank you - the information on type of pump HP and concern over duration to pump 10 gallons is hugely helpful. It's a submersible pump. The well is 450 ft deep. I'm not sure the elevation of the pump. The hole is an interesting idea - but I have a couple of counter indicators - we had house...
  7. Asheville_jeff

Fingers crossed that maybe someone can point me in the right direction or provide some guidance. I believe my well pump has intermittent flow/pressure production problems. Here goes the sad story... we went on vacation and came back to to no water. A power reset got things going again and...
  8. Asheville_jeff

Sediment in hot water lines with tankless heater

Seeing a similar issue on a recent install of a tankless water heater. I'm considering putting a whole house filter after the tankless to capture precipitate. 1 Any idea on how quickly this would get clogged? 2 would/should I flush the lines / heater first 3 is there build up in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks