Recent content by ArtStudent

1. ArtStudent

Design question, back venting

Hey all, so here’s what I did yesterday: I tied a 2” vent from the downstairs WC into the stack about 6” above where the upstairs washroom drains from a 3” line. Looking at what Wayne wrote it looks like I should have gone higher (ie above flood like of upstairs sink. How’s this look?
  2. ArtStudent

Thanks Whitney as well
  3. ArtStudent

Thanks so much Terry for the second reply. I guess I just can’t wrap my head around the physics. I’ll take your advice and plumb in the 2” vent from the 3” drain post toilet to the 3” stack above toilet. Nice video!
  4. ArtStudent

Thanks for the reply Terry. I’m confused though, because the 3 inch stack is going through the roof. Would I vent right beside into the same 3 inch stack or do I have to run a second vent right beside the main stack right up through the roof, so I have a 3 inch main stack plus a second vent...
  5. ArtStudent

Hi Terry, if the vertical pipe is a 3 inch stack going to the roof, and an upstairs bathroom drops into the same main stack, is what I have designed here up to code and/or functional? originally it was just this one toilet on the ground floor, with a 2 inch vent extending up to the roof, that 2...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks