Recent content by ArtMerk

1. ArtMerk

Toilet and shower drain sharing a vent - Shower downstream

Okay thanks. Based on all the helpul input I will do the following: the shower drain will lead to a combo for a 2" vent in the wall. This will wet vent the WC, which is 5 feet from the combo. Any issues with that? I'd still like a 3" cleanout - otherwise I gotta take off the toilet to...
  2. ArtMerk

Thank you all for the suggestions!! Mrtee, I can try a 1/6 bend but they are ridiculously expensive right now, 2 45's were cheaper :) Wayne, thanks for clarification on UPC. It is just frustrating that one code allows it! For your idea of sharing the shower vent, I agree.... but it is very...
  3. ArtMerk

Thanks for your comments. Attached is a diagram that might show the layout better. The Lav is 8 feet away, so it would not work to have it loop back to the other fixtures. The plan has all dry vents. But if I remove the 1.5" vent after the shower (which I'd prefer to do), then there is a...
  4. ArtMerk

HI, I'm a DIYer and would love any input / confirmation for this layout. For a bathroom remodel in a basement, the waste lines will be all new under concrete, and there is a concrete wall behind the toilet and shower, a concrete footing on the wall left of the toilet, and a framed wall between...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks