Recent content by Artie

1. Artie

Wire gauge for new double-oven?

I always check these forums for several days, (sometimes weeks), before I make a move. Going with a 40 amp breaker opens a new can of worms. The original oven was an older Lady Kenmore double oven, and it used a dual-30A breaker. I was hoping to reuse that one. This is an old Federal Pacific...
  2. Artie

Thanks for the fast reply's. #10 it is then.
  3. Artie

Hi all. I asked this question once before, but it was for a single oven. My wife decided she wanted the double, so I need to ask again. Some of the gauge-to-amperage ratings are confusing, so let me ask straight out: for an oven thats 6.9kw @ 240V, with approximately a 40' run from the breaker...
  4. Artie

Double oven and cooktop wiring - connecting three #6 wires

Just for my own clarity, you meant Burndy lugs, right?
  5. Artie

Wire size for 120V water heater?

I will definitely let everyone know what I finally decide on. I really appreciate all the info and ideas. I like the idea of feeding the small tank from the larger one.
  6. Artie

I'm interested in all opinions here. My situation is that this old house's water heater is too far from the kitchen sink. I hate the fact that I must wait 5 minutes to get hot water from the kitchen sink. I was thinking of doing a small dedicated heater just for the sink. On the other hand, I...
  7. Artie

Thanks. 1650 is the "watts @ 120VAC". 2523 is the Kw hours per year.
  8. Artie

How to make junction for under-cabinet dedicated lighting circuit?

Thanks Rick. Good info. I'll be sure to research the exact style of the lights I use. I may use those little fluorescents instead. As for the LED's, I'm an electronic tech by trade, so no problem there. I'd just use those overall, but I've read that they don't light food naturally. That is, food...
  9. Artie

I want to run this water heater, (10 gal., 120VAC, 1650W), at a remote location. (Approximately 20ft. from the breaker box.) Would 12-2 be sufficient?
  10. Artie

Hey Chef; I'm not sure what you mean by "homeruns", but I plan on doing a 2-stage lighting scheme. Stage 1 will be an LED array for the purpose of accent/night lighting, which can be left on for long periods. (Perhaps, overnight.) Stage 2 will be halogens, with a separate switch, for actual...
  11. Artie

50A receptacle on 40A circuit okay?

For what its worth, twice a year, (Thanksgiving and Christmas), pretty much every burner on the cooktop, and both ovens of the double oven, are going full speed. ;)
  12. Artie

Hi all. I've run a dedicated 15A line for our under-cabinet kitchen lighting. Now it occurs to me that I'm not sure how to bring the wire out. A standard junction box won't hider under the cabinet. I'm fairly sure I need some sort of junction box, right? How do you all handle this? This will...
  13. Artie

New GFCI installation not working.

Nevermind. My wife just fixed it. (I hate when that happens.) In my defense, I'll say that the only GFCI's I've ever seen before were in hotel rooms. On those units, the "reset" button was always popped out if tripped. On these, the button remains in the same physical position whether its...
  14. Artie

New GFCI installation not working.

I just installed two new GFCI's in our kitchen. Neither works. I can measure 120VAC right on the terminals, and black and white are on the correct terminals. Also, I definitely used the "Line" terminals. The "load" terminals are masked off with yellow tape which I didn't remove. They're just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks