Recent content by artbob

1. A

Fine tuning tankless water heater on well system

You all have given me some info to chew on. I have found if I turn the temp down to 105 and have hot water only it gives good pressure in the shower with only slight temp variation. We will be remodeling the bathrooms and I'll get low flow fixtures. I didn't realize that tankless is such a...
  2. A

CSV Placement

they left the shut off, switch and union above groungd in the well cover. I should be able to place it there. I think it is a 20 gal bladder tank. So the CSV is before the PT....Thanks, Jim
  3. A

The guy is right you do want it as close as possible. I think I am starting to understand. You set the hot water at the temp you want to shower then just use all hot water. I think I'll put the remote in the bathroom so I can set it when we shower and fill the tub. I also might try the pressure...
  4. A

125-55 ambient water temp =70 degree rise. From the cr240a specs: 77 degree rise = 5 gpm operating lp pressure is 8-13.5 WC here is an interesting note: The flow rate of a faucet or shower head is measured in GPM and is a critical factor in sizing a tankless water heater. The tub fill...
  5. A

CSV Placement

they just replaced the pressure tank. It's the "usual size". We had it put underground next to the well head. Are you saying the pt should be smaller than the usual size? The well output is listed at 10 gpm. I believe it is a 20 gallon pressure tank. Is it necessary to have a smaller tank with...
  6. A

cold water temp is 55 f I changed the output to 125f. I can now can get 120f at the bath faucet. I tested the gas pressure again. With 2 bathtub faucets on, and 3 sinks on the gas pressure is 10.75 column inches. With 5 hot water facets on the water flow is very low. I am going to check how...
  7. A

I aproached it from several angles. It has a 2 stage regulator. 3/4 pipe from the tank to the house at high pressure. Then 3/4 pipe about 8 feet from the 2nd stage regulator to the tankless heater. I maintain and install the gas kilns for our tile business, and according to my piping book...
  8. A

CSV Placement

I recently installed a tankless water heater. I now notice the well pump cycling affects the temperature when taking a shower and would like to put in a csv, which I just heard about. Will this help the function of the tankless water heater? Where should the csv be placed? Thanks, Jim
  9. A

I recently undertook installing a Navien tankless in my home. Its a cr240a. The box itself seems to work. I have checked the gas pressure (11-13 column inches) and the water pressure, on a well, (40-60psi). It works well enough with one shower on although its warmer and cooler with the cycling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks