Recent content by Art96142

1. A

Navien NPE-240A2 error code 515-09

Breplum, thanks for the update on the o-ring. You have helped many people on this forum and I am sure all of us appreciate your wisdom and experience. Art
  2. A

I had to deal with the recirc check valve issue as well. I ordered a couple of replacement check valves (#30024442) for about $5 each. I installed the new check valve nine months ago and so far it has been working well. I managed to disassemble the original check valve and will try out using a...
  3. A

Ever since I installed my Navien 240A2 I have had a small but annoying issue with random shut downs of the heater with the diplay reading error code 515-09 “abnormal pcb.“ The unit may go a couple of weeks without an issue and then suddenly cutout twice in three days. Fortunately, resetting the...
  4. A

Navien NPE-240A2 adding external recirculation valve

Sam, Yes I do believe that using an external check valve is a more permanent fix as John indicated earlier in this thread. The replacement external check valve while not inside in the heater is in the same part of the plumbing “circuit.” Just make sure to install the new valve in the correct...
  5. A

Navies npe 240a going cold

IrritatedJones, Can you share the size and specs on the O-rings your father found? I was able to disassemble the old check valve and get a good look at the worn O-ring but I could only make a guesstimate on the size. Thanks, Art
  6. A

Navies npe 240a going cold

I have the same issue with my NPE240A2. I did manage to get a new check valve but it has been suggested elsewhere in this forum to install an external check valve in the recirc line next to the 240. When the newly installed check valve fails this is the fix I will perform. My original check...
  7. A

John, Thank you for confirming what I suspected to be the case. An external check valve is easily installed. For those of you reading this thread later the external check valve placed in the recirculating line close to the heater must be oriented so the flow direction is towards the water...
  8. A

My NPE-240A2 was installed in June 2022 with a recirculation line. Unit ran fine for seven months until the internal check valve failed in February 2023. With a bit of difficulty I was able to obtain two replacement check valves (the check valve part number for the newer NPE units is #30024442A...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks