Recent content by Arlen Angell

1. Arlen Angell

Standard Back Box for recessed heater?

I installed a 1500 watt 240Volt electric recessed heater in my bathroom over 20 years ago, and it's in need of replacement. Something that I always wondered way back when I installed it, is if there is any kind of standard to the metal can that they mount in. I'm hoping that I can stick...
  2. Arlen Angell

Is the Lochinvar Noble any good?.

I might just go with a small air handler, water coil to trim the slab heat and a small condensing unit for cooling. I still like the idea of a medium (or small 100k BTUish ) sized tankless combi. 2.5-3 gpm would do her I hoping for domestic hot water. She doesn’t want a bathtub, so could a...
  3. Arlen Angell

I will give that some thought. I didn't realize that those mini splits are able to heat down in those temperatures. I should be able to keep the duct work below the insulation. The sidwalls of the building will be 10 feet, and I plan to drop down the bedroom and bathroom to 8 feet. I'm...
  4. Arlen Angell

The only reason I was thinking of an air coil was I need the duct for cooling anyway.
  5. Arlen Angell

I’m building a 30x48 cottage on my farm for my mother to live out her golden years in. It will be a Morton building so slab on grade. I’m in Southeastern Minnesota. I’m starting to put together the HVAC plan, and it will have in floor heat, but I will probably have a water coil too for a...
  6. Arlen Angell

Pentek PID30 VFD Questions

I think I have a decent work around. I don't like the idea of increasing the boost delay, as that just kicks the can down the road. 1) I leave the boost delay at the default of 1 min (number 1 on the chart) 2)Leave the boost differential set to the default of 3 psi 3) Extend the wake delay to...
  7. Arlen Angell

:D Yes, Soft Start is a must! It definitely cycles more than a 60/40 pressure switch. I could set the wake deviation to 15 PSI and get more draw down, but the constant, even pressure is their selling point! I could maybe make the PID control loop a little more unstable so it hunts around a...
  8. Arlen Angell

You had it right. We are not confused. Minimum Freq has nothing to do with it. I wish I was confused. I got this today straight from a Pentair Engineer...He confirmed what I already knew. Hi Arlen Below is a graph of the boost and sleep operation. The design engineers when this drive was...
  9. Arlen Angell

That may not be understood in the well drilling industry, but it is well understood in the process pumping/HVAC world. Circuit Setters, or Triple Duty Valves are routinely placed on the discharge of the pumps to throttle them. Usually though, VFD's are still the preferred method of volume...
  10. Arlen Angell

Yes earlier today that’s how I figured out the min freq needed to build 30psi
  11. Arlen Angell

The sleep mode doesn’t behave like that on mine. Maybe something changed with firmware revisions? It doesn’t go down to min frequency before is goes into pressure boost then sleep. It appears that when the freq stabilizes and doesn’t change for the boost delay time, it goes into the boost mode...
  12. Arlen Angell

Yes, I think it is a quality drive, and easy to setup. The only thing I don’t like is how it goes into sleep mode. I edited my last post, and added some information. I would really appreciate your insight if you don’t mind. What is the “secret” menu that you speak of? By the way, 42hz builds...
  13. Arlen Angell

The contractor was working on the pump while I installed the drive. We agreed this was the best, since I’m a master Electrician with 1000’s of hours of VFD experience. It is a Pentair Motor on a Webtrol pump. The motor has a SF amps of 10.1. When I water cows with a 1 inch hydrant, the pump...
  14. Arlen Angell

Valveman, Thank you for your reply. I think you misinterpretted a couple things that I said. The default values actually work pretty good, but I like to make things work a little better. The default minimum speed is 30 hz. I noted that the pump doesn’t seem to move much water below 45 hz as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks