Recent content by arbee

1. arbee

How to install Culligan seal kit?

Donl. Thanks for the service manual link! No, brine tank is not overfilling. You may be right on replacing the softener it's 17 yrs old and I hate to spend money on it if I'll have to replace it soon anyway. Any suggestions on what mke/model to buy for a 2 adult household? Thanks
  2. arbee

Thanks for the reply. The only thing I've ever done to a water softener is clean the brine tank. I probably should have asked if replacing the seals requires specialized skills or tools. I have a modest skill level, can rebuild a carburator, overhaul an engine, built my own house, etc. Can't...
  3. arbee

I have a Culligan 812 water softener , that continuiously discharges a small trickle of water even when not recharging. Culligan rep says it's probably a bad seal and qouted $189 to repair it. That seems excessive to me, but what do I know? Question; is installing a seal kit something an amature...
  4. arbee

Need help/advice on water softener

I'm reposting this as I putit on the plumbing forum by mistake. Sorry! My Culligan mark 812 softener stopped working. I've cleaned the screen in the valve, the pickup and fill tube seems to working ok, has suction and discharges water into the brine tank. So today I emptied the brine tank of...
  5. arbee

Need advice on water softener

My Culligan mark 812 softener stopped working. I've cleaned the screen in the valve, the pickup and fill tube seems to working ok, has suction and discharges water into the brine tank. So today I emptied the brine tank of salt and cleaned it. I'm 73 and don't bend like I used to so this was a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks