Recent content by Aprofetto

1. Aprofetto

Basement Bathtub Question

Perfect. I will have access to that side both during the construction process and after it's all done. The tub/shower will back onto a non-finished area in the basement.
  2. Aprofetto

Only thing that concerns me is gluing the drain from the tub to the drain in the floor. Is there enough access to do this from the side of the tub? I ask because I've never really seen this done.
  3. Aprofetto

If I have access from the one side (drain side), how can I connect the drain after the tub is set in place? Does anyone have any pictures?
  4. Aprofetto

Okay. So the drain and all is setup, then I guess I do a dry trial and see if the tub can sit in place with the drain lined up and fitting together. Then get some ABS cement and throw the tub in place as quickly as possible? Seems like this might be tough. Ideally I would've liked to install...
  5. Aprofetto

Thanks Terry. I gave the plumbing a quick look. Here in Ontario its all 1-1/2" ABS piping with orange caps for the rough-in. If I tap out a box around the drain say around 12"x12" centered around the drain, how would I then go and install the tub? When I run through the steps in my head, the...
  6. Aprofetto

Hi all, we have a three piece rough-in in the basement. I want to finish it. I am just confused about how to hook the drain up for the tub? There is 1 1/2" abs coming up from the slab. How does one go about connecting/installing the tub and the drain? Ideally it seems like you would need...
  7. Aprofetto

Bringing plumbing to an outdoor shed?

Thanks for the replies. To clarify, any plumbing or other work that I am not qualified to do I will certainly have a qualified individual hired. I was asking more to see if a drain/water supply lines could actually be drilled into the foundation midway below grade and if it is recommended...
  8. Aprofetto

Bringing plumbing to an outdoor shed?

Hello everyone. I plan on building a shed in the near future and have a couple of questions. I want to run electrical and plumbing to it. The electrical is easy as I can just dig a trench and run the conduit for the wiring. I'm worried about the plumbing part. The shed will be...
  9. Aprofetto

Re-Doing Upstairs Shower

This was actually my first thought. Using one of those pre-sloped pans. I really don't know what I'll do. I better run it by the wife and see which see prefers. The shower base itself is 3' x 5'.
  10. Aprofetto

Re-Doing Upstairs Shower

Thanks for the advice. I realize that the picture of the new shower base I want to install never showed up, so I am attaching it to this post. I believe these pre-fabbed shower bases already have a slope built in, as long as the subfloor is level. About the current slope, I might've been...
  11. Aprofetto

Re-Doing Upstairs Shower

Hi everyone, I live in a brand new house, its only a year old built by a builder. We are friends with the builder, and I used to work in a tiling warehouse in the summers and knew a few installers, etc. Anyways, we set it up so that I would be allowed to do the tile work throughout the house...
  12. Aprofetto

Help - converting 2 pc basement rough-in to a 3 pc.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the advice. Now... who wants to help me break up the concrete? :D
  13. Aprofetto

Unless its your furnace in the middle of winter.
  14. Aprofetto

Cool, I will definitely keep both options in mind, thanks Randy.
  15. Aprofetto

I am comfortable using either type of coupling. Is there one preferred over the other? I actually wondered if these type of repair couplings existed. My only worry would be the glue on the side which you have to slide the coupling towards.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks