Recent content by APG12

1. APG12

Clack WS1 Settings

Sorry for the late response - went on vacation and forgot about this post. Not sure how much water we use but it’s definitely substantial. We’re on a private well and a lab test was done. No iron but manganese was at 1.7.
  2. APG12

Clack WS1 Settings

I have a Clack WS1 water softener that I realized is not properly programmed. I did a bunch of searching and see some recommended setting, but I having a hard time understanding how to determine the correct capacity and pounds of salt to be programmed. The tank is a 12x52 2cu ft. It was set...
  3. APG12

Water treatment system help

What is a BB filter? Forgot to mention it was also negative for coliform. What else should I have tested for? That was what the county lab recommended based on my location. Any recommendations for a softener and size? It’s a 4bed/3 bath house with 2 adults, 2 children. We use a good amount...
  4. APG12

Water treatment system help

I just had a lab test completed in anticipation of installing a water treatment system. I am on a private well and have a large amount of sediment and very hard water. Everything else seems to be pretty good. Results are attached. The sediment resembles fine sand and clogs filters very...
  5. APG12

New member needing help with a CSV - not building pressure

Ok I’ll try to get that done when they pull it.
  6. APG12

Ok so interestingly, as soon as we popped the cap on the well head, it was gurgling like crazy. It was much more faint when I had checked earlier in the day. He says he didn’t see anything at the pitless, but he’s going to pull the pump in the morning. Now the question is what has caused...
  7. APG12

I have a plumber coming this afternoon so I’ll let you guys know what he says.
  8. APG12

I just popped the cap on the well and could hear the hum of the pump, but when I put my ear to the well I could hear a couple faint noises - a dripping sound and like a bubbling sound. Did I just find my leak? This goes way beyond my capabilities if so. What can I expect when when I call the...
  9. APG12

Thanks for the info. I’m about to start troubleshooting some of the ideas that Reach4 recommended. Any thoughts on your end? And of course the ground is frozen so hang digging isnt really even an option.
  10. APG12

And all of a sudden to have multiple leaks? I can’t understand it. It’s been pretty cold here but the leak under the slab was under my heated garage that never comes close to freezing. I’ll see if I can get a read on the pipe in a few but this is what it looks like:
  11. APG12

Ok thanks again. I’ll take a look at these recommendations tomorrow.
  12. APG12

Forgive my ignorance. What would I be listening for in the well and would I hear anything at 100’? Also what would cause the water to warm if it was a leak in the well?
  13. APG12

I’ll try this tomorrow, thank you for the help. Any thoughts on how to locate the potential leak? The first one was easy - I could hear it and also had water coming up through the slab. Nothing visible so far for a second one.
  14. APG12

It almost seems like it’s bypassing the pressure tank and just giving me whatever pressure it’s pumping at.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks