Recent content by Aopainter

1. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

I bought 20ft of EMT conduit for the outside. But the wire I cant find online is "#4 SE-R al." And thats 4AWG right? Do I need 4AWG, i thought 6AWG was what I wanted
  2. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

I can't find this cable anywhere online to know what it looks like. I'm going down to the electrical wire store today, so I'll ask about that wire. I was able to get about 90ft of PVC conduit for $17, so i'm going to put that in the attic
  3. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

It's a 60 amp Disconnect panel
  4. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

What is the correct Romex™ wire? edit: I looked it up, and I still think it's going to be cheaper to get the cables and run them through PVC Conduit. I can get 6AWG red/blk for $63/100ft, and 8AWG wht for something like $40/100ft, and 12AWG grn/yllw for $30/100ft. Add that to the conduit...
  5. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

it wont be in the sun. It'll be in my attic, and I'm going to get brackets to tie it down
  6. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

ok, i wont go with the SO cord. I'll stick with the THHN/THHW. But PVC Conduit is acceptable, correct?
  7. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

well, he is a friend. (edit: who owns an electrical business) He suggested the Type SO cord because it might be cheaper then doing the THHW wires. He said he preferred 4 strands of THHW through conduit
  8. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

also, do I need the type SO for my attic?
  9. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

It being installed outdoors. Its running from my box, through the attic, to the disconnect panel on the outside wall in back of my house.
  10. Aopainter

Hot Tub Wiring

I am running the wire for my hot-tub, and I had a few questions. 1.) My electrician told me I needed Type SO 6/3 wire, and I don't understand what the Type SO means, and is it really needed? I am running it through my attic, and its going about 70ft. 2.) He gave me two options of either...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks