Recent content by AniScati

1. AniScati

Navien 240S Temperature Spike

New Navien 240S installed. Temperature is set to 115, but I see it spike well above sometimes over 200. Definitely scalding temps at the fixtures. Any ideas how to resolve this? I've asked the installer to take a look, but no reaction yet. Trying to educate myself
  2. AniScati

Prefiltering A Water Softener

Sand/Sediment isnt a problem that I can see. Hard water is the issue, and taste isn't the best. Lots a crusty greenish scale at the aerators. So I can get away with no filtering if 10% crosslinked resin is used? There is a concern about chemicals in the water, though the town says its under the...
  3. AniScati

Thanks. Its public water
  4. AniScati

I got quotes from several water treatment companies to install a water softener at a location that is not used much. Both are pushing prefiltering, but one suggests an inline cartridge style carbon filter and the other is suggesting a backwashing carbon tank. The guy pushing the cartridge type...
  5. AniScati

If using a Reverse Osmosis, does a Carbon Filter add any benefit?

Helping a relative with a water issue. Their on city water that needs softening, no question. Water doesn't taste all the great either. Brita type pitcher filters help with taste issues, so my initial thought was to add a whole house carbon filter tank with the softener. No residents have heart...
  6. AniScati

Well Water Treatment Needed?

Thank you. Test 1: Taken by the well driller, reported on their company letter head. Driller recommended an iron removal system and softener Test 2: Taken by plumber, analyzed by CSI Water. Plumber is recommending nothing, or maybe a softener Test 3: Taken by me, analyzed by local lab per...
  7. AniScati

Well Water Treatment Needed?

Well driller, plumber and I each had water analysis done. Plumber & driller have provided different recommendations for treating the water. What would you do? Test 1 Hardness: 5 PH: 6.8 Iron: 1(brown) grit present Test 2 Hardness: 5.15 gpg as CaCo3 PH: 8.05 TDS:280ppm as CaCO3 Iron: 0.00...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks