Recent content by AndrewP

1. AndrewP

Why don't kitchen sinks have trip lever/plunger drains?

Those commercial ones linked to I think are butterfly valves. Interesting design, that would impede water-flow less than the pop-up ones you get on bathroom sinks. These seem to clog all the time. Hj, what method does yours use? On clogging, the standing waste design, would seem the least...
  2. AndrewP

Why don't kitchen sinks have trip lever/plunger drains?

I've seen many sinks plumbed where one waste pipe has a sharp 90 that drains into the waste of the other sink. I know it's best to have the least amount of pipe before the p trap, but this is fairly common. Just wondered why I've never seen a bathtub style trip lever/plunger drain or standing...
  3. AndrewP

"widespread" kitchen faucets terminology

Thanks. Yes the traditional system for hot water is based on gravity. We now have a 'combi boiler' that are becoming more and more common here. I'm not sure if combi boilers are known by a different name in the US. Its a combination hot water and radiator boiler. The hot water is continuous...
  4. AndrewP

"widespread" kitchen faucets terminology

I've got this stainless steel (or possibly Monel) kitchen sink that I am trying to find a faucet for. Problem is the existing holes are on 7" centers. It looks very similar to this: https://retrorenovation.com/2013/07/01/monel-sink-counter-top/ I'm in the UK and our options are very limited...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks