Recent content by AndrewFixingMine

1. AndrewFixingMine

Low Pressure: Utica Hot Water Boiler

@jadnashua Thanks for the tips. I'll inquire with the utility company and see if they provide any free services for customers :)
  2. AndrewFixingMine

Perhaps your wife isn't talking about heating solutions haha! Ok, I've decided to go after sealing the basement first with low cost solutions to start. I'll report the gas usage in the future as I stumble down your list :) I'm sure the weather affects the gas cost the most from year to year...
  3. AndrewFixingMine

Dana, wow, you sure can explain items and jargon in a digestible manner! I've shown a friend your detailed analysis (he's sure you're a professor) and we concluded this summer might be a great time to upgrade or install a newer system. I'll be following up with a question or two over time if ok...
  4. AndrewFixingMine

Dana, you're correct, I visualized the gas consumption data then when downloading I didn't move the selector to "gas." Below is the natural gas usage and the house walls are poured concrete in the basement (9ft tall 12 inches wide) then red brick that is 10in wide it appears for two stories. The...
  5. AndrewFixingMine

Dana, you're the smartest guy in the room :) Zip Code: 12401 The exterior walls of the entire house are cement and brick with stucco. The bedrooms upstairs are insulated from each other (interior walls) by R20 as we "randomly used" the 4 bedrooms as we demolished each one for creative room...
  6. AndrewFixingMine

Dana, you're a wealth of information and I'll do my best to update. I hope this thread becomes valuable for many!
  7. AndrewFixingMine

Appreciate the feedback! Would you have a product that you'd recommend based on experience and the data below? A guess is sufficient for us to use as a planning tool. House: 1,600 Square Feet House Shape: Square with a boiler in the basement center House Setup: 4 equal sized bedrooms upstairs...
  8. AndrewFixingMine

Dana, wow did you supply the right information! The boiler was used by the family in the Spring to warm a kiddie pool by using the pressure release valve when it was warm. So when we started using the system this October/November the pressure was super low. Thus, when the boiler was off and...
  9. AndrewFixingMine

As an experiment for a pressure increase/decrease I turned the pressure reducing value from one side to the other while the hot water boiler was not operating. Nothing occurred, is this a valid test on pressure movement?
  10. AndrewFixingMine

Afternoon, I cleaned my Utica Boiler (1980s?), burners (lots of rust), and letting air out of the radiators. (The unit supplies two floors from the basement.) The issue is that none of the second floor radiators release hot water when bled but only air. (They have improved in heating their...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks