Recent content by Amjad

1. Amjad

Shower drain not flushed with tiles

Alright guys! Thank you everyone specially John and Jadnashua. So yeah this is what I basically did. I took out all the tiles (it wasn't that hard, they came off without a lot of hardwork). Then I cut a cricle around the drain in the kerdi and adjusted the compression ring by grinding it...
  2. Amjad

@jadnashua I'll try to look for the adapter. I tried looking for one at the home depot and they didn't seem to have a clue about it. In fact, where did you guys buy the Kerdi Fix from?? Coz they didn't have that either! @John, I have already taken the tiles out from all around the drain so I...
  3. Amjad

No there is no other liner and the kerdi is not under the ring but over it and glued to it. How was I suppose to put it under. This is how I did it. I made the shower pan with the scratch coat mortar after putting the base of the compression drain in place to make the shower pan flushing with...
  4. Amjad

alright guyz! so I've put the links to the pictures at the end.... just to explain a lil more... I sealed the kerdi around the base of the drain and cut the holes for the weep holes and its glued to the ring of the base flange in a way that water has no place to go but into weep holes. the...
  5. Amjad

Thank you so much guys for your response. I really appreciate it! I used a standard weep hole drain because the kerdi one was just too damn expensive! and I thought it was for no reason but it turns out I was wrong. this drain has a base flange with the weep holes and threaded drain cap. It can...
  6. Amjad

I have been working on a standing shower done with ceramic tiles all around. I have used kerdi to waterproof the whole thing. I slightly miscalculated the drain height and now the tile around the drain is sitting about 1/8th of an inch lower then the drain. I did use extra thin sit mortar all...
  7. Amjad

basement rough in

Honestly, I am not too good with computer to give you a drawing. Neither do I have a scanner to scan a floor plan. But in principal can shower and sink drain be tee'd up in 3 inch main stack which is normally used for the toilet. I understand about the venting so i'll vent the fixtures...
  8. Amjad

basement rough in

I am adding a washroom in my basement and have to do a rough in. 3" black stack is within the 5 feet radius from the planned washroom location. Since the 2" grey stack is more then 12 to 15 feet away. Can I cheat by joining sink and the shower drain in the black (3") stack. Also, in case if I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks