Recent content by American

1. American

Boiler won't start

The problem was a worn out burner coupling end. It had been stripped and was completely round rather than socket shaped. Fortunately it was an inexpensive part. The tech cleaned the boiler and replaced the filter while he was here. Worth the call. I would never have found it.
  2. American

Boiler won't start

Okay. Searching for the tech's phone number now. Thanks.
  3. American

Recommended replacement for ancient oil-fired boiler ? Gas boiler? Heat pump?

I regret removing our old cast iron coal (converted to oil) boiler and replacing it with a new oil fired boiler in 2007. If I had it to do over again, I'd have kept the old boiler and converted it back to coal. Yes, that means two to theree trips to the cellar and a couple of hour work per day...
  4. American

Boiler won't start

I push the red button - nothing happens. I push it again, it seems to start and then shuts off. There's oil in the tank.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks