Recent content by amazer98

1. amazer98

After ModCon Boiler install, should I upgrade baseboards?

The unit is pretty well insulated. I had a blower fan test and infrared heat loss analysis done about 3 years ago. The place is reasonably tight and the walls and ceilings have decent insulation. Walls are 6" and have fiberglass and foam board. There is a full basement and I even had the...
  2. amazer98

Thanks for the replies, guys. The boiler is a Vitodens 100-W and its rated input is 21 to 125 MBH - 6.2 to 36.6 kW (whatever that means). And, yes, we have fin tube baseboards. Our heating tech said they were the 'heavy duty' model, which put out a bit more heat per linear foot than the...
  3. amazer98

Hi All, I'm new to this forum and have a question I was hoping you could answer. Six years ago my wife and I moved into this 1600sf condo in Maine. The heating system was an oil-fired boiler that fed into 4 zones-- one zone for each of the two bedrooms, one zone for the entire common area...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks